Sasha Banks On Stone Cold Podcast (Cliff Notes)

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I posted the podcast link below if you want to listen in full. Before you brehs ask, yes I did jack this from another forum.

Anyway this might be one of the most in-depth Sasha interviews so far. I never heard that her trainer wanted her to quit or that she tried MMA training first.

PodcastOne: Sasha Banks

1) Sasha did MMA training because she watched RVD's DVD and he did it

2) Sasha dropped out of MMA school and joined wrestling school because she didn't like being punched in the face

3) None of the boys in the wrestling school wanted to slam Sasha because she was a girl, so the trainers made them treat her like an equal

4) Sasha cried every day on the ride home from wrestling school because the trainer was so harsh on her, but she appreciated it

5) In spite of the trainer "Handsome Johnny" attempting to break her, quitting wrestling never crossed her mind

6) Sasha asked her trainer to be an extra for WWE, but he said she wasn't ready, so she emailed WWE herself and got a reply within 10 minutes to do it

7) Someone pointed out that if Sasha went to the WWE she'd be doing bra and panties matches, she hated that, and said she wanted to go to Japan and Mexico to be a real wrestler

8) Sasha keeps a journal and writes in it daily

9) As Mercedes-KV, Sasha admits she was a bland babyface that just loved to do MOVEZ without telling a story

10) When she got to NXT, Sasha was just used to make other girls look good because she was a good wrestler with nothing else going for her

11) Tyler Breeze and Mikaze (Sasha's seamstress husband) helped her come up with a list of characters until The BOSS was ultimately chosen

12) Dusty Rhodes loved "Sassy Sasha" and wanted to push her new character after she stopped being a bland babyface

13) Sasha was going to give a generic corporate answer when Austin asked her if she enjoys being a heel or a babyface more by saying both, then she went into full shoot mode and said "I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I definitely prefer being a heel."

14) Sasha went on to highlight the fact that the fans cheer the heels and boo the babyfaces because they're so poorly written and bland, and the heels kick ass.

15) Sasha said the only reason she enjoys being face is to make the kids happy and to see them dress up as her

16) Sasha said she knew before she locked up with Bayley at NXT Brooklyn 2015 that it was going to be special(In an interview a week before the match, she promised it would be "the greatest women's match you've ever seen"

17) Austin went on a tangent about intensity, believability, and character work being more important than high spots and bumps. Sasha said she and Bayley don't have to talk at all, but she takes pride in her secretive spot calling

18) Austin compliments her hidden spot calling by saying he's never seen or heard her do it in a match

19) Sasha tries to stay in touch with what the current fans want, so she constantly asks herself if she should do more spots, or focus more on storytelling

20) Sasha realized she was OVER when NXT crowds started chanting "SASHA'S RATCHET!" then eventually "NO SHE'S NOT!"

21) Sasha stole The BOSS persona from Snoop, but they weren't close, and she didn't meet him until he performed at a concert in IOWA when she was 12. Sasha used to beg Snoop to bring her to wrestling shows when he was in town, and she can be seen sitting in the front row in various pictures online

22) Sasha said until Paige's invasion with Mandy and Sonya, Sasha said creative only wrote for the Women's Champion

23) Sasha's happy to be working with the new girls so she can be in a storyllne

24) Sasha wants Women's Tag Team Championships so the women who aren't champion can do something of importance

25) Sasha's excited for the Indian tour because she sees a lot of Indian fans tweet her their excitement.

26) Sasha said wrestling in a quiet arena is the worst feeling ever. She'd rather be booed than wrestle in silence.

27) Sasha's favorite shows are Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Stranger Things

28) Sasha's biggest fear is being an over the hill wrestler who's past her prime, so she contemplates early retirement

29) Sasha wants to eventually sit on her couch and be a mother, but she said she will leave retirement in God's hands and not put a date on it.

30) To get herself TV ready, Sasha says a prayer, thinks about what happened to her last week, then puts herself in "The Baddest bytch" mode because she knows no one cares about her full babyface character

31) Sasha's slightly frustrated because they've teased her heel turn so many times and she's wondering "Is this ever going to happen?" but in the meantime, she's trying her best to make her babyface character work

32) Sasha closed the interview by saying she hopes they're getting a Women's Royal Rumble

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
LDN
25) Sasha's excited for the Indian tour because she sees a lot of Indian fans tweet her their excitement.

bobscover.jpg

Coco Brown

All Star
Daps
She's definitely not lying. WWE is heel country. There's a small handful of faces (AJ, New Day, The Shield, Charlotte, Uso's) that get good booking, but the majority get crap no matter how over they are (Finn and Becky currently are the best examples of this. Sami used to be the poster child for it until his heel turn) and if they are really unlucky, faces get downright ruined like Bayley did by a mix of horrible booking and poor "creative" decisions. The frustrating thing with Sasha is that she's so much better as a heel. Her character is tailor made for it so it's not just another case of folks wanting a heel turn for the sake of a one, but folks wanting a heel turn because it's a better fit for the character and the performer. On a selfish note, I feel like heel Sasha would finally get a meaningful title run and I really want to see that.

And on Raw especially, the women's division is all about the champion and the current challenger. There's no such thing as running multiple angles. As nonsense as the idea of Paige and two green as grass NXT call ups running over the whole roster is, at least it's an angle involving more than two people. I'd welcome tag titles for no other reason than it would force them to actually use more of the talent they have and give the other women some shine.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Well we all figured they only write for the champions when it comes to the women. I can't even remember the last story Sasha or Bayley were in outside of Survivor Series that didn't involve the belts. And non contenders like Alicia and Dana never get to do shyt.

Good on Sasha for recognizing that her character needs to maintain some edge as a face. I personally think she's a good baby face, but she's right that WWE faces get such bland character writing.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well we all figured they only write for the champions when it comes to the women. I can't even remember the last story Sasha or Bayley were in outside of Survivor Series that didn't involve the belts. And non contenders like Alicia and Dana never get to do shyt.

Good on Sasha for recognizing that her character needs to maintain some edge as a face. I personally think she's a good baby face, but she's right that WWE faces get such bland character writing.
Well we knew she had edge when she damn near cussed out Charlotte and Alexa in str8 up promos in tthe ring or the backstage promo when yelled in Alexa's face like she was gonna rape her.