Say hello to our new Secretary of State....

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Some variables, like systematic racism, are more important than others.
Depending on if you're a cac or black of course.

I'm not here to defend sessions all I said is that I'm not concerned about him, I don't think he or trump will do anything to address systematic racism and I don't think he or trump will do anything explicitly anti black so it's a wash

If Hillary would have won she would have put in an AG that simply would continued civil rights strategies from the 60's that are increasingly ineffective and are increasingly geared toward putting black people under "people of color" umbrella which is detrimental to black people, I bet you the first order of businesss for a Hillary AG would have been to protect the rights of immigrants

So anyways, I repeat, sessions and trump are a wash for black people

keepemup

Banned
Daps
I love how this is more fake news we're debating. I'm in the twilight zone.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I love how this is more fake news we're debating. I'm in the twilight zone.

It was probably true, it's just that the transition didn't run the name through republican senators to get a feel, once republican senators spoke out that means there will be a hard hearing for the nominee and a chance of being rejected

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was probably true, it's just that the transition didn't run the name through republican senators to get a feel, once republican senators spoke out that means there will be a hard hearing for the nominee and a chance of being rejected

i think they just put the name out there to gauge the response and depending on how they perceive it they'll just put out another name and pretend that they never picked him:troll:

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I'm not here to defend sessions all I said is that I'm not concerned about him, I don't think he or trump will do anything to address systematic racism and I don't think he or trump will do anything explicitly anti black so it's a wash

If Hillary would have won she would have put in an AG that simply would continued civil rights strategies from the 60's that are increasingly ineffective and are increasingly geared toward putting black people under "people of color" umbrella which is detrimental to black people, I bet you the first order of businesss for a Hillary AG would have been to protect the rights of immigrants

So anyways, I repeat, sessions and trump are a wash for black people

Again, this line of thought depends on if you are a cac or black. Black people ultimately, due to experiencing a completely different america, have different priorities.

It doesn't have to be 'explicitly' anti black for it to be a problem, that is just naive. It can be and often is very subtle. For example discriminatory housing practices, accusations brought upon by the Justice Department no less who have a history of not being fair to black people. That behavior can be extended to other industries and parts of life.

Past behavior is the best if not the only indicator for future behavior, surely you agree that this is a rational statement.
The rational conclusion then, for any intelligent black person, is to be weary and distrusting of Trump since his past behavior is the best measure for his future behavior.

Again this all depends on if you are cac or black. We live and experience two completely different worlds.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Again, this line of thought depends on if you are a cac or black. Black people ultimately, due to experiencing a completely different america, have different priorities.

It doesn't have to be 'explicitly' anti black for it to be a problem, that is just naive. It can be and often is very subtle. For example discriminatory housing practices, accusations brought upon by the Justice Department no less who have a history of not being fair to black people. That behavior can be extended to other industries and parts of life.

Past behavior is the best if not the only indicator for future behavior, surely you agree that this is a rational statement.
The rational conclusion then, for any intelligent black person, is to be weary and distrusting of Trump since his past behavior is the best measure for his future behavior.

Again this all depends on if you are cac or black. We live and experience two completely different worlds.

im black, and i question the effectiveness of the civil rights machine and the legacy of integration, and dont agree with the framing of issues like housing discrimination as a root cause when in reality its just a symptom of black people not developing our own economy

Last edited: