Votes: 38 47.5%

• Total voters

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both have similarities but I got Face. I like Scarface's introspective style, personal subject matter, I think he's a better lyricist, hear more authenticity in his work, like his music better, in some ways is more diverse, I think he's more creative, more emotionally touching, and just has more layers and has sustained, Face is still dope to this day, Cube can still rap ill but album wise Face has dropped great shyt within the last few years etc.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thinking what other aspects, they both have great voices and presence, I'd probably give the edge to Face but that's a close call, subject matter I feel Face more, flow Face, I've even heard Face switch it up a few times too, albums to me Face, Cube is a good storyteller but I think I prefer Face's storytelling too.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Face and its not close. Cube had a STEEP DECLINE after his first few albums and he focused more on acting where Face stayed consistent and dropped jewels for decades; his discography is waaaaay more consistent than Cube

But Cube does have Death Certificate which is fighting with Face's The Diary as my number one album of all time, so there's that.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ice cube. scarface is a hall of famer but cube should be universal top 3. probably had the greatesr career from a critical/impact standpoint in rap history. u could make a case for krs but cube also penetrated culture beyond just rap in a way that a cat like em did in 2000. but cube music met the moment in a way that i dont think eminems did. scarface is dope but lets be honest, he is kind of a cult figure. cube is visceral and universal.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
ice cube. scarface is a hall of famer but cube should be universal top 3. probably had the greatesr career from a critical/impact standpoint in rap history. u could make a case for krs but cube also penetrated culture beyond just rap in a way that a cat like em did in 2000. but cube music met the moment in a way that i dont think eminems did. scarface is dope but lets be honest, he is kind of a cult figure. cube is visceral and universal.

fukk all that cult figure and fame bullshyt...when it comes to the MUSIC throughout the careers, who you got?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk all that cult figure and fame bullshyt...when it comes to the MUSIC throughout the careers, who you got?

Exactly, it should always be about the music that's the judge. Even though people know Scarface is known worldwide too.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok even from a musical standpoint cube still got face. face has had a more consistent and durable career but that 5 year run of cubes still surpasses it imho.

cubes run is similar to bob dylans mid 60's run. when each release was a moment. each release was a leap forward in the rap game.

straight outta compton is probably the most influential rap album ever in terms of topic and industry breaktroughts and cube was the lead on that album and wrote a lot of the other players rhymes.

Straight Outta Compton-most influential album ever
Amerikkkaz most wanted-showed chuck d how to really ride them bomb squad beats
kill at will-dead homiez :banderas: jackin for beats...
death certificate-most revolutionary album ever
predator-no cac was safe around me when this isht was playin
leathl injection-u know how we do it :banderas: perfectin that smooth shyt in the wake of snoop

also in this era of kill u on ya own isht, lets not forget hand of the dead body. cube>>>>>>>>>>