Scorsese: "I was playin, cinema ain't dead"

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal

Martin Scorsese Doesn’t Think Cinema Is ‘Dying,’ but ‘Transforming’: ‘It Was Never Meant to Be One Thing’​

Martin Scorsese expanded upon his opinions on the current state of cinema during a press conference at the Berlin Film Festival, where he is receiving an Honorary Golden Bear.

When asked if cinema could be dying, Scorsese said he prefers to think of the industry as “transforming.”

“I don’t think it’s dying at all, no. I think it’s transforming,” Scorsese said. “It never was meant to be one thing. We were used to it being one thing. I grew up [with cinema] as one thing: if you wanted to see a movie you went to a theater. A good theater or a bad theater, but it was a theater. It was always a communal experience.”

He continued, “But the technology’s changed so rapidly and exhaustedly, that in a sense the only thing you can really hold on to is the individual voice. The individual voice, I must say, can express itself on TikTok or can express itself on a four-hour film or a two-hour miniseries.”

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
And studios prefer profit over anything else. I heard the movie was awful anyways

Apple isn't a studio. You think they sweating over this when they already green-lighted another project he's working on.

And anyone saying it was awful is entitled to their opinion, but I think it's one of his strongest he's had in over a decade easily.