Seattle agrees to raise minimum wage to $15

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pretty sure the prices for everything else about to raise too tho :patrice:

They would've gone up regardless though. Food and gas have skyrpcketed round the USA.

But lets see how this will work out. I'm sure tax breaks/credits/subsidy payouts to certain businesses will offset any scare of rising costs hurting their bottom line.
Then again, maybe not.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That's a lot...I did'nt even make $15/hr out of college

Then again I was temping and it was smack dab in the middle of a recession
im sayin, if im a store owner and i sell alot of expensive streetwear hypebeast shyt im relocating to Seattle ASAP :ohlawd:

them dumbass HS kids about to have nikkas pockets on swole :nowhew:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
They would've gone up regardless though. Food and gas have skyrpcketed round the USA.

But lets see how this will work out. I'm sure tax breaks/credits/subsidy payouts to certain businesses will offset any scare of rising costs hurting their bottom line.
Then again, maybe not.
just reading these statements, either this shyt is going to work out incredibly good or incredibly bad with no inbetween

The new pay floor will phase in at different speeds for businesses of different sizes, but all employers will have to meet the $15 minimum wage by the end of the decade. Businesses with more than 500 employees nationwide will have a three-year phase-in period, while smaller employers get five years to ratchet up their payscales.

After reaching $15 an hour, the city’s minimum wage will automatically climb by 2.4 percent each year regardless of the rate of inflation.

Approval from restaurant owners is especially noteworthy given the deal’s provisions for tipped workers. Tips can only be counted toward worker minimum pay for the next five years. After that, the separate minimum hourly pay rates for tipped and non-tipped workers will disappear, and all employees citywide will have to be paid $15 hourly or more.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I love how some of the working class looks at that wage and is furious that it isn't lower. Truly brainwashed people. Instead of using it as a means to empower their labor rights and seek fairness, they attack their own.

Keep looking down. Meanwhile the people above are raping you every chance they get.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think its crazy expensive to live in Seattle anyway.
i got a homeboy that stay out there, he says compared to San Fran/LA/NY Seattle isn't too bad :manny: and we're from the south so him claiming it's not too bad is saying something imo, but if you noticed the hipster migration is practically flocking to Seattle and Portland in droves, it's gonna be crazy in a few years :scusthov: shyt bouta turn into the next Brooklyn if it's not already