She honestly believes the US President is actually Jim Carrey wearing a mask

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Many in our generation and particularly those younger do not even care to follow everyday politics to know whats going on. Because if they did they'd be shocked and would be inclined to vote.

I cannot see most of these youths today sitting around discussing an argument between Schumer and McConnell on the floor.
And none of the fukkery during the Trump years was even discussed on this forum, but we know why.

Trump brought the worst out in them, they got a taste of it for the first time since the 60s and realized there was no real pushback and they won't return, they see this as a moment to establish some version of apartheid in the US and everyone seems unbothered.
I'm starting to be convinced more and more our country is eventually going to fall into some kind of autocratic regime within the next generation. I am just in the process setting my life up to navigate it and hopefully not be a casualty of it.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jim Carrey outchea bringing his characters to life
the-mask-smokin.gif

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I'm starting to be convinced more and more our country is eventually going to fall into some kind of autocratic regime within the next generation. I am just in the process setting my life up to navigate it and hopefully not be a casualty of it.

The trump years were exactly that, autocratic..but the administration didn't really go all out. If he gets voted back in or that desantis then yeah it's all over.

The red necks are managing to get their agenda through no matter how draconian and barbaric. They now control the Supreme court, and the so called left looks weak as ever.

Navigate? You may need an exit plan :pachaha:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
When you have this much of a populace disengaged or filled with straight up disinformation, misinformation and propaganda that can be amplified by the Internet I don’t know that there is a way back. We are only almost 2 years from Jan 6 where most of the Republican leadership, despite the fact that the mob was coming for them and their colleagues, wanting to assasinate the Vice President and their leader being fine with that as well as instigating a coup attempt, downplaying it or just lying about it and yet they are still favored to win the midterms. All while running on trans people are coming to get you, CRT etc and nothing to actually improve peoples lives. In a sane country they wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the halls of power. But white supremacy is a hell of a drug and this bodes ill for the future.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The trump years were exactly that, autocratic..but the administration didn't really go all out. If he gets voted back in or that desantis then yeah it's all over.

The red necks are managing to get their agenda through no matter how draconian and barbaric. They now control the Supreme court, and the so called left looks weak as ever.

Navigate? You may need an exit plan :pachaha:
It wasn't full on autocratic. It was an anocracy. But the way the general public largely doesn't care about the moral or criminal histories of the candidates being nominated and how they are looking for "strongman" leadership leads me to believe someone will be elected in the near future will be full on autocratic. Those 2 traits combined attract autocrats, dictators, and tyrants.

I'm trying to navigate, because you largely won't be able to go anywhere. Between the US, China, Russia, EU becoming xenophobic, and the coming environmental apocalypse in the next 50 years which will hit Africa harder than anywhere, there's literally no where you can go, that your quality of life won't be upset dramatically. I'm opting to stay in the US short of them full on bringing back slavery and Jim Crow, because the US is generally built to handle the coming storm more than the places I named.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
When you have this much of a populace disengaged or filled with straight up disinformation, misinformation and propaganda that can be amplified by the Internet I don’t know that there is a way back. We are only almost 2 years from Jan 6 where most of the Republican leadership, despite the fact that the mob was coming for them and their colleagues, wanting to assasinate the Vice President and their leader being fine with that as well as instigating a coup attempt, downplaying it or just lying about it and yet they are still favored to win the midterms. All while running on trans people are coming to get you, CRT etc and nothing to actually improve peoples lives. In a sane country they wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the halls of power. But white supremacy is a hell of a drug and this bodes ill for the future.
Yep. See my post above. I concur.