Should E!spn do a wrestling show?

Daps
I remember when I was a kid I always pissed Sportscenter never covered wrestling. Not due to it being a real event, but because I felt there was a real audience for it.

Now tell me, with all the garbage they throw on ESPN2 and all their other networks, couldn't they find room for a show dedicated to wrestling? We know there is people over there who are fans (Simmons, Beadle etc...)

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They got pro supporters of the genre over there but they only really speak up for when something big happens(Rock's return last year, CM Punk's shoot, Macho Man dying, The Benoit situation, Rock/Austin II, Rock/Hogan, Trump/McMahon, Mike Tyson/Austin, etc)

The good ol days of seeing the AWA on ESPN or anything like that? It's all over.

Daps
They got pro supporters of the genre over there but they only really speak up for when something big happens(Rock's return last year, CM Punk's shoot, Macho Man dying, The Benoit situation, Rock/Austin II, Rock/Hogan, Trump/McMahon, Mike Tyson/Austin, etc)

The good ol days of seeing the AWA on ESPN or anything like that? It's all over.

What bothers me is they were sucking Poker's dikk so hard, it was on non-stop, and Wrestling is 10x the "sport" than Poker is.

I don't need AWA on there, I`d prefer they have like an NFL Live type show but centered around the Wrestling world.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
E!SPN is already Sports Entertainment, with it's numerous storylines and pushing of its own guys, why not just make the leap?

Daps
E!SPN is already Sports Entertainment, with it's numerous storylines and pushing of its own guys, why not just make the leap?

That's my point.

Look at SportsNation and all that other shyt, half the time they're not even talking sports.

"If LeBron was one of the Avengers, which one would he be?"
"Which athlete will the Kardashian's get next?"

They're a joke when it comes to sports, so why the high horse for Wrestling still?

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What bothers me is they were sucking Poker's dikk so hard, it was on non-stop, and Wrestling is 10x the "sport" than Poker is.

I don't need AWA on there, I`d prefer they have like an NFL Live type show but centered around the Wrestling world.

At first I was like what the hell they gonna cover with wrestling unless its a big event in regards to the topic but... when you put this way. They were covering fukkin poker, yet they can't do wrestling :rudy:

Still, I wouldn't blame them too much though because alot of this stuff is too kid friendly and corny.

Daps
I don't get poker as a form of television entertainment at all but it seems to be on every fukking sports channel in Europe and a lot of non sports channels as well.

Daps
At first I was like what the hell they gonna cover with wrestling unless its a big event in regards to the topic but... when you put this way. They were covering fukkin poker, yet they can't do wrestling :rudy:

Still, I wouldn't blame them too much though because alot of this stuff is too kid friendly and corny.

But they just don't have to cover the E.

You got TNA, ROH and all other types of sh1t too. Only be a weekly show recapping feuds, matches and promos.

Daps
I don't get poker as a form of television entertainment at all but it seems to be on every fukking sports channel in Europe and a lot of non sports channels as well.

Dumbest shyt on TV. At least billiards is like a physical skill, they put hours of people guessing what cards the other guy has as entertainment.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
But they just don't have to cover the E.

You got TNA, ROH and all other types of sh1t too. Only be a weekly show recapping feuds, matches and promos.

Thing is, this isn't Japan. Feds in America are way too territorial for their own good, as they're fighting for pieces of an ever shrinking pie. I'd love to see something like ROH or DGUSA get like a prominent, hour-long slot on something like ESPN2, but that isn't going to happen these days.

Still, an overall recap show, with P4P-type cross-fed rankings, analysis of who the most dominant champion is, along with some post-kayfabe stuff like analysis of promos and feuds (with implicit criticism of the writing) would be really cool.

Daps
Thing is, this isn't Japan. Feds in America are way too territorial for their own good, as they're fighting for pieces of an ever shrinking pie. I'd love to see something like ROH or DGUSA get like a prominent, hour-long slot on something like ESPN2, but that isn't going to happen these days.

Still, an overall recap show, with P4P-type cross-fed rankings, analysis of who the most dominant champion is, along with some post-kayfabe stuff like analysis of promos and feuds (with implicit criticism of the writing) would be really cool.

That's what i`m saying.

Like the old PWI magazine type content (but no kayfabe) and you can do pieces on feuds or biography pieces of wrestlers from the past.

They did the Hall shyt for E60

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They use to do something like this for wcw on cnn

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Might have to do with people knowing wrestling is predetermined whereas Poker, Racing, Billiards, etc. there's no previously set outcome.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
But the results for those Poker tournaments have been out for weeks before the shows air.

True, however you don't have writers behind the scenes saying "Let's get it to a final three featuring Phil Hellmuth, a 19 year old college kid, and Chris Moneymaker, and have the college kid take out Moneymaker before losing to Hellmuth."