Should Terence Crawford move-up to pursue a fight with Mayweather or wait for Broner/Garcia?

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
What did I say wrong :dwillhuh:? Didn't crawford just now have his first 140 fight against Dulorme? Hasn't floyd been in 152-154 for a while. I know Floyd can drop to 147 but why are people pushing crawford to jump even to 147? He is up and coming and now folks are asking for him to fight floyd when he just getting into a new weight and only had one fight at?

Thats not even mentioning the skill/experience level difference.

Floyd 147 breh, he went up to catchweights and 154 like twice and got two belts up there but he is at 147 and 38 years old and at the top of the sport in the most competitive division in the sport and all of leverage he has in negotiations he's not going to be risking his body and health by jumping around in weight. He's gonna stay at 147

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Floyd 147 breh, he went up to catchweights and 154 like twice and got two belts up there but he is at 147 and 38 years old and at the top of the sport in the most competitive division in the sport and all of leverage he has in negotiations he's not going to be risking his body and health by jumping around in weight. He's gonna stay at 147
yeah I was wrong.

Still, I stand by the fact that TC just reached 140. Why have him jump to 147 instead of hanging at 140 for a while?

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
That's what I said in OP but Larry Merchant mentioned it as a viable option
Yeah I don't agree with it. I'm not a big fan of immediately shooting prospects up to fight the top folks in the sport. I felt the same way about Algerie against Pac. I watched Algerie against some mongolian on FNF like 3 years ago before his Prov fight and thought :ehh: and wasn't shocked by his Prov win but that was his first major fight that allowed him to get shine and then the immediately had him signed up to fight pac :stopitslime:. Even though I liked what I saw from the dude it was too soon and I knew he was just going to get eaten.

Haven't him fight Mayweather now IMO would end up with the same result.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
Yeah I don't agree with it. I'm not a big fan of immediately shooting prospects up to fight the top folks in the sport. I felt the same way about Algerie against Pac. I watched Algerie against some mongolian on FNF like 3 years ago before his Prov fight and thought :ehh: and wasn't shocked by his Prov win but that was his first major fight that allowed him to get shine and then the immediately had him signed up to fight pac :stopitslime:. Even though I liked what I saw from the dude it was too soon and I knew he was just going to get eaten.

Haven't him fight Mayweather now IMO would end up with the same result.
I agree to, I made this thread off the Larry Merchant comment . . but if the fight did happen we'd blame Floyd and say he pulled someone up to fight him when they weren't ready yet

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
edit: Damn nm. I was wrong. Yeah he was only 152-154 in catchweight fights and been 147 for most of his recent fights.

I take that L

0.jpg
No biggie breh, we all make mistakes.

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
Terrence Crawford will create his own aura without Floyd and Manny. He got next. Now the question is who will be his opposite for a super fight in the making.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
prolly not gonna happen tho.

i think TC will fight top rank guys like vargas instead.
Unless there's a big demand I guess it doesn't really make sense to have fighters fighting outside of their own camp