Sixth Borough

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
SixthBorough Instrumental -

BPM's: eighty eight
Samples used: none
Bars: fifty two
Duration: two minutes and twenty two seconds

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
SixthBorough Instrumental -

BPM's: eighty eight
Samples used: none
Bars: fifty two
Duration: two minutes and twenty two seconds

What were you going for here? The beat sounds like it's about to take off then it just loops. The drums sound robotic and stiff they are on time but there's no swing so there isn't a natural groove. Without the groove or swing it makes it hard to make a song out of whether singing or rapping. It sounds good, the melody and the drums can be tinkered with so they have a groove but either I'm missing it or its just not there. I've listened to a few trap beats and people swear to me that it's grooving but I never see it but yet someone is flowing over it.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
What were you going for here? The beat sounds like it's about to take off then it just loops. The drums sound robotic and stiff they are on time but there's no swing so there isn't a natural groove. Without the groove or swing it makes it hard to make a song out of whether singing or rapping. It sounds good, the melody and the drums can be tinkered with so they have a groove but either I'm missing it or its just not there. I've listened to a few trap beats and people swear to me that it's grooving but I never see it but yet someone is flowing over it.
It's not that deep. This beat is done, I won't do anything else with it. I'll listen to it obsessively for a few days and pull it up every now and then for a listen. But it's done. Sometimes i'll post something that I want to work on further but most of the time once I post it I have already moved on to the next one.

To be honest I don't even like this style and I don't know where the hell it came from. Sounds like some early 90's NY ish to me. A sound I have never been fond of. For some reason Fat Joe comes to mind. Sometimes I wonder if I'm subconsciously recreating music I've heard in the past. :jbhmm: I've heard Pharrell speak on that before. Anyway, whatever comes out I just roll with it. I don't sit down with anything in mind. If you notice alot of times i'll ask you guys what genre the beats I make fall under. I don't set out to do trap music, boom bap, r+b etc. whatever I make is what it is. I agree with the traps beats thing though. This don't move me to get up and dance but it got my head noddin' a lil something.