Smart, Chubb Nikkas Pt. 2. The OFFICIAL 2017 University of Georgia Season Thread

How do the 2017 Bulldogs finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Brehs we byke :blessed:

Richt is gone and former Dawg & Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart is in

Storylines:

-Who will start at QB in the opener? The streets want Freshman Jacob Eason to win the job for the opener vs. UNC but the senior Greyson Lambert might get the start

-When will Chubb & Sony Michel hit the field? It's still an unknown when they'll make their debut although there is a chance both could play in the opener

Post up brehs:

@Konnan
@The ADD
@KushGawd
@Atlboss
@SteezY
@Rickdogg44
@FreshFromATL

Breakdown
Offense

Key returning starters: QB Greyson Lambert, RB Nick Chubb, RB Sony Michel, TE Jeb Blazevich

Coordinator Jim Chaney’s dilemma is deciding whether to stick with Lambert, who won 10 games as a starter, or hand the offense over to freshman Jacob Eason, who is raw but can make throws most college quarterbacks can’t. If Chubb (knee) and Michel (arm) can return healthy from injuries, the running game will take pressure off the quarterbacks.

Defense

Key returning starters: DT Trent Thompson, LB Tim Kimbrough, CB Aaron Davis, CB Malkom Parrish, S Dominick Sanders, S Quincy Mauger

The front seven is young, and coach Kirby Smart will miss the depth he left behind on defense at Alabama. If Lorenzo Carter and Davin Bellamy can rush the passer nearly as well as Leonard Floyd and Jordan Jenkins, the veteran secondary should allow the Bulldogs to fluster opponents’ passing games.

Superlatives

Leader in rushing: Chubb. The star runner averaged 8.1 yards a carry before injuring his knee last season.

Leader in receiving: WR Terry Godwin, who caught 35 passes in ’15 as a freshman second option behind Malcolm Mitchell.

Leader in sacks: Junior LB Davin Bellamy (3 sacks, 5.5 tackles for loss in a limited role in ’15) is the one departed pass rushers Floyd and Jenkins suggest will spend the most time in the backfield.

Leader in interceptions: Sanders. The junior picked off six passes in ’15 and set a school record for interception return yardage (205).

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Would love to see Lambert start just because I know this is the incomplete version of kirbs team..if injury forces Eason in I'll be :blessed:

In Chubb I trust though, he has the talent to be a Heisman winner, I just want a injury free 12 game season and some lucky breaks to fall our way.

I'd say we're a 8,9 win squad.

Next year tho :banderas:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Road to the playoffs :blessed:

charlie-murphy-laugh-o.gif

:mjcrygt:

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I think yo boy Lambert starts in the beginning but Eason will finish the season the starter

Btw. Kirby is Muchamp 2.0 :umad:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Early hate, I love it.

Comments later

Gator still taste like chicken clown :pacspit:

Road to the playoffs :blessed:

Eason/Lambert, Chubb and Kirby gonna shock the world this season :banderas:

all hate aside.....

UNC - L (they aren't more talented, just more stable at the moment)
Nicholls State - W
@Missouri - W
@Ole Miss - W
Tennessee - L
@South Carolina - W
Vandy - W
Bye
Florida - L
@Kentucky - W
Auburn - L
UL Lafayette - W
Georgia Tech - W

I got an 8-4 regular season for y'all to be honest. I think it's best to go with Eason now and just get it over with. If he's going to eventually play, why prolong it?

Do y'all have anybody in line to replace Mitchell at WR? Y'all need to reestablish that TE position that was so clutch for y'all under Richt before his final few seasons to give Eason a safety blanket.

Gotta replace Jenkins and Floyd too and that shouldn't be an issue talent wise for y'all.