So I started Brasilian Jiu Jitsu :blessed:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Excellent OP!

I did a lot of nogi grappling so I'm more into landing a takedown and being violent from top position. I maybe take a Josh Barnett approach to grappling LOL. Plus I use grappling defensively to keep the fight standing.

With that said...BJJ is GREAT! I know some 10th Planet BJJ guys and they are great people. Humble as hell and martial arts of any kind really grounds you. Keep up the good work!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
At the Gracie Barra here in Seattle...3rd class just went by and :wow:

Everyone in that bish can fold you but they be so friendly :pachaha:

Doing takedowns and I go up against an older brotha..brown belt...dude was like :russell: ..he let me know he wasn't gonna too much waste energy on me ..next thing I know i'm on my back:wtf:

I'm not confident enough in my ability to try some of the throws yet when we do live :patrice:

I'm still awkward doing double leg takedowns..

My confidence was suffering in part due to being able to defend myself. I Didn't feel comfortable in public,etc but now I do feel better about myself already. I feel good about waking up.

Getting thrown by high level belts and choked I don't fear people on the street much..

The older breh said "with the world getting more violent..Jiu Jitsu is something that is valuable to learn"..:myman: I get it..especially with cacs getting bold:mjpls: The older breh didn't mention whites but It's true.

@Mowgli Thanks for kicking that BJJ knowledge whenever you can..:wow:

You mention you do Jiu Jitsu to people and they go :leon: ..or I had one neighbor give me the :steviej:

Helio Gracie :blessed:
How's that Jiu-Jitsu :ohhh:

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
At the Gracie Barra here in Seattle...3rd class just went by and :wow:

Everyone in that bish can fold you but they be so friendly :pachaha:

Doing takedowns and I go up against an older brotha..brown belt...dude was like :russell: ..he let me know he wasn't gonna too much waste energy on me ..next thing I know i'm on my back:wtf:

I'm not confident enough in my ability to try some of the throws yet when we do live :patrice:

I'm still awkward doing double leg takedowns..

My confidence was suffering in part due to being able to defend myself. I Didn't feel comfortable in public,etc but now I do feel better about myself already. I feel good about waking up.

Getting thrown by high level belts and choked I don't fear people on the street much..

The older breh said "with the world getting more violent..Jiu Jitsu is something that is valuable to learn"..:myman: I get it..especially with cacs getting bold:mjpls: The older breh didn't mention whites but It's true.

@Mowgli Thanks for kicking that BJJ knowledge whenever you can..:wow:

You mention you do Jiu Jitsu to people and they go :leon: ..or I had one neighbor give me the :steviej:

Helio Gracie :blessed:
Are you still doing it?