So My 8 Year Old Neice Tells me That Her School Gives Her Fluoride Pills. . .

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dude is scared of fluoride in drinking water, but says absolutely NOTHING about the other two dozen chemicals in it.........:deadrose:

In the meantime.......​

NOT A SINGLE REPORT FROM ANY SCIENTIFICALLY PEER-REVIEWED SOURCE IDENTIFIES ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS FROM PROPERLY FLUORIDATED WATER. ONLY HIGH DOSAGES ABOVE THE EPA MAXIMUM CAUSE PROBLEMS.

:ufdup: and your fear of fluoride poisoning from properly fluoridated drinking water is unjustified.​

you're not addressing the point about accumulation of fluoride over time.

you dont see brown stained teeth as an adverse effect, which is just nasty :scusthov:

you have no idea how long it takes the body to detoxify from fluoride, or how much fluoride is safe over a given time span. or if it varies according to the person.

you're not addressing the outrageous cost to the tapayer.

you're not addressing all the medical professionals and countries who oppose water fluoridation for the same reasons im stating.

you're not addressing the studies done by the CDC itself that suggest fluoride intake is not good for small children, pregnant women, and anyone under 8 years old.

you just keep saying the same narrow-minded shyt over and over again.

so until you address the above points with a level of intellectual honesty there's really no point in continuing this convo. you're gonna keep repeating the proper dosage argument, and im going to keep coming with the above argument. ive addressed your lone point about proper dosage by asking questions about accumulation over time--a response which you have yet to generate.

so let me ask you this... if the fluoride levels in our water supply are at "optimum" levels then why do so many people get fluorosis from water fluoridation? you're so sure we're at the optimum levels of fluoridation, but if we were at optimum levels wouldnt there be zero negative effects as you claim? but since there are negative effects, we must NOT be at the optimum range for water fluoridation, correct?

also, i did a couple minutes of research to find out how the body detoxifies from fluoride intake, this is what i found:
http://www.fluoridation.com/fluorideindrinkingwater.htm

"Fluoride accumulates in the body. Healthy adult kidneys excrete 50 to 60% of the fluoride ingested each day (Marier & Rose 1971). The remainder accumulates in the body, largely in calcifying tissues such as the bones and pineal gland (Luke 1997, 2001). Infants and children excrete less fluoride from their kidneys and take up to 80% of ingested fluoride into their bones (Ekstrand 1994). The fluoride concentration in bone steadily increases over a lifetime (NRC 2006)."

if these studies are legit then wave goodbye to your entire argument. just the last sentence alone from the National Research Council's 2006 report on water fluoridation kills your whole argument.

:camby:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

you dont see brown stained teeth as an adverse effect, which is just nasty

you have no idea how long it takes the body to detoxify from fluoride, or how much fluoride is safe over a given time span. or if it varies according to the person.

you're not addressing all the medical professionals and countries who oppose water fluoridation for the same reasons im stating.

you're not addressing the studies done by the CDC itself that suggest fluoride intake is not good for small children, pregnant women, and anyone under 8 years old.

so until you address the above points with a level of intellectual honesty there's really no point in continuing this convo. you're gonna keep repeating the proper dosage argument, and im going to keep coming with the above argument. ive addressed your lone point about proper dosage by asking questions about accumulation over time--a response which you have yet to generate.

so let me ask you this... if the fluoride levels in our water supply are at "optimum" levels then why do so many people get fluorosis from water fluoridation? you're so sure we're at the optimum levels of fluoridation, but if we were at optimum levels wouldnt there be zero negative effects as you claim? but since there are negative effects, we must NOT be at the optimum range for water fluoridation, correct?

also, i did a couple minutes of research to find out how the body detoxifies from fluoride intake, this is what i found:

"Fluoride accumulates in the body. Healthy adult kidneys excrete 50 to 60% of the fluoride ingested each day (Marier & Rose 1971). The remainder accumulates in the body, largely in calcifying tissues such as the bones and pineal gland (Luke 1997, 2001). Infants and children excrete less fluoride from their kidneys and take up to 80% of ingested fluoride into their bones (Ekstrand 1994). The fluoride concentration in bone steadily increases over a lifetime (NRC 2006)."

if these studies are legit then wave goodbye to your entire argument. just the last sentence alone from the National Research Council's 2006 report on water fluoridation kills your whole argument.

Ok breh. Fluorosis mainly occurs during tooth development due to overexposure of water with higher then 1.2 ppm fluoride. Its rare that adults get it. And its rarer that brown motted teeth occur (the most extreme form of fluorosis) Outrageous cost? Fluoridated water can literally cost pennies to the average person and is much cheaper then dental work. Like people have said before, when fluoridatation is at proper levels then its safe for everyone, including a pregnant woman and children. The problem is that some of these various communities don't know that and thats where these adverse reactions are coming from

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

I'm just surprised people don't understand how scientific studies and research is funded .... or how scientist are influenced. Aren't all you muthafakas scientist in HL??? People who are pro fluoride are simply gullible... There are studies that support both sides... but the studies that show the affects of childrens brains and the health dangers it presents to preg women are undeniable.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember a Harvard study which revealed a correlation between heavily diluted flouride in the drinking water and reduced IQ. Giving fluoride pills, which is a form of concentrated flouride, could do massive damage to children's potential, especially since children are more sensitive to chemicals than adults.

MBwithadream

All Star
Daps
not sure about pills but when i was in like 3rd grade-ish our school nurse used to bring us a cup of bubble gum flavored fluoride for us to gargle it for about 30 seconds. looking back, if i knew better i would not have done it

I remember doing for a whole month back in then.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ok breh. Fluorosis mainly occurs during tooth development due to overexposure of water with higher then 1.2 ppm fluoride. Its rare that adults get it. And its rarer that brown motted teeth occur (the most extreme form of fluorosis) Outrageous cost? Fluoridated water can literally cost pennies to the average person and is much cheaper then dental work. Like people have said before, when fluoridatation is at proper levels then its safe for everyone, including a pregnant woman and children. The problem is that some of these various communities don't know that and thats where these adverse reactions are coming from

you dont see brown stained teeth as an adverse effect, which is just nasty :scusthov:

:camby:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
This is HILARIOUS!!! Dudes are still trying to dispute decades of research and studies that prove the levels of properly fluoridated water cause no problems. They then try to argue that there is an issue with accumulation over time and THAT has been proven superfluous. When that fails, then they try to say that there is more research needed when the fact of the matter is, THE RESEARCH WILL NEVER END DUE TO THE CLEAN WATER ACT OF 1972........:laff::laff::laff:
Every study concludes that levels of fluoride over the EPA maximum cause issues. There is no evidence to the contrary. None.