So was Umar really telling the truth about the Chinese in Jamaica?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
As I was casually clicking on YouTube videos out of pure boredom, I just so happen to stumble upon this video basically this Jamaican woman is cosigning what Umar was saying about how the Chinese are colonizing the island for themselves and, there seems to be many Jamaicans agreeing with her in the comment section. Jamaican/west Indian peeps, how true is this? Is the situation really crucial or, is it just an overreaction?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
It's an overreaction but yes the Chinese are investing heavy into Jamaica with little benefit to native Jamaicans

If anything somewhere in Africa will be a Chinese colony, they're doing way more there
Isn't that somewhat colonization?
I go to jamaica every couple years, yes the chinese owns a large portion of the infrastructures and businesses there compared to their population. Its truly pathetic when you really think about it:francis:. Give it another 100 years or so and there is a great possibility it truly would be a chinese colony:hhh::snoop:.
damn I'm not really that much of a pan africanist but I can't lie, hearing stuff like this is very disappointing and makes me lose faith :no:

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's the same for nikkaz on earth everywhere. But nikkaz don't support each other and busy tryna figure out what kind of exotic nikka you are when we don't have numbers... fighting over nationalities and ethnicities and other false loyalties.

But when. I tell brehs to link up the Diaspora worldwide it doesn't click. There is a strong effort for neo colonization and it has been underway for a decade already.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
From what i understand, they came there and helped out with infastructure like setting up the highway so they were on good terms and then they set up shop and avoided hiring Jamaicans, which is obviously a problem when the island is Jamaica and should cater to Jamaicans primarily

Honestly though I'm sure the government will sort everything out in negotiations so it is what is

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They're a minority that own a sizeable portion of the capital in the country, disproportionate to their population, yes.. It's the same thing in Trinidad (where my mother is from.) and most of the Caribbean.

He definitely gassed it, though.. It's not becoming a racial heirarchy. As a matter of fact, if you speak with Chinese-Jamaicans, they tend toward the idea that they are discriminated against on a governmental level.

I would say it's alot like a Black neighborhood in America that has nothing but nail salons and Check cashing places owned by Chinese ppl who don't live there or otherwise affect the residents of said neighborhood (outside of taking low paying jobs away from Black people.)

The issue is really that they don't give back to native Black Jamaicans as much as they should.

Jamaica is not becoming a colony of China or anywhere else for that matter.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
From what i understand, they came there and helped out with infastructure like setting up the highway so they were on good terms and then they set up shop and avoided hiring Jamaicans, which is obviously a problem when the island is Jamaica and should cater to Jamaicans primarily

Honestly though I'm sure the government will sort everything out in negotiations so it is what is
That's where you are wrong. The government doesn't sort shyt out just. These small nations are short cited. Politicians constantly take peanuts in payment to sell out their nations interests.

You Can't buy land in China and own it the way you do in other places it eventually reverts back to the government. Land is the most precious resource. We as black people are giving it up for nothing all over. Leasing and selling to foreign interests. The governments that are supposed to protect the people's best interests are facilitating this.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol: wait, ur joking right?:russ: no way ur serious.