So We Really Gotta Get A 5th String QB Huh....2023 49ers Offseason Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Brock’s done for 2023 and Brady’s retiring, the likeliest QB scenario is to sign a couple of low-priced veterans and draft another one on Day 3

But 2023 is shaping up to be Trey’s best (last?) shot at establishing himself as the 49ers Franchise QB. No pressure

If he doesn't deliver (believe he will unless Kyle continues to to gameplan him retarded), then Brock is in. Problem is Brock already didn't have a good arm so is the Tommy John gonna make it weaker?

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Are you gonna keep dropping captain obvious takes all offseason:heh:

It isn’t that obvious when niner brass is pushing him to get a repair that would have him out six months. 95.7 the game was talking about it this morning about how they are hearing they want brock to avoid tommy john surgery to get him back by training camp.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Kyle is a problem, he is going to get however is back there hurt and if it is Trey he is going to get hurt running the ball up the gut. Jed needs to put a timer on Kyle two years a Super Bowl win or you are gone

I don't like Kyle, but also we've been to how many conference championships? It's like Steeler fans complaining about Tomlin. We're allowed to complain, but overall he's gotten good results.

We need to start this season with the expectation that he's going to injure at least two QBs. I think Trey and Brock will both play during the year. The question is do we need a third competent QB in case those two get hurt. It's not a huge cap cost since they're both on rookie contracts.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I don't like Kyle, but also we've been to how many conference championships? It's like Steeler fans complaining about Tomlin. We're allowed to complain, but overall he's gotten good results.

We need to start this season with the expectation that he's going to injure at least two QBs. I think Trey and Brock will both play during the year. The question is do we need a third competent QB in case those two get hurt. It's not a huge cap cost since they're both on rookie contracts.

Tomlin has never had a losing season and has won a Super Bowl the same can’t be said about Kyle

Brock is most likely getting Tommy John’s he isn’t playing next year.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Where are y'all hearing that Trent may retire?
I think Barrows or Maiocco asked him about his age and if he's thinking about retirement. He said at his age and after 2 long seasons he does have to start thinking about life after football. People are picking and choosing what he said to sensationalize a headline. If I can find the video I'll post it.

It didn't sound to me like he was going to retire.

Video:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Tomlin has never had a losing season and has won a Super Bowl the same can’t be said about Kyle
2 division titles + 3 conference championships + 1 super bowl appearance in 6 years is a better return than any coach outside of Andy Reid.

I'm not a Kyle fan, but 50% of the time he's been here we've been in conference championships. We can nitpick about him, but he's doing a lot right if that's the case and would have another gig in the 15 minutes after we fired him just like Tomlin would.