So what's everyone's opinion on the BMW M2?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
E63 amg, M6, M5, a modded m4/m3,

I did the super sedan thing. Bought a 1 year old CLS63 AMG and drove it for 4 years. Paid $5k -$8k a year to properly maintain it since the W219 was new and parts weren’t out there like that. $4k in tires, $8k in brakes, 11mpg on the gas. Nothing but problems at year 3. Dumped it once warranty was gone.

Sure I could buy one of those cars you mentioned out of warranty, keep my fingers crossed, do my own oil changes, put on cheap ass rotors and pads, cheap ass tires. But then that just means I can’t afford to properly maintain the car.

Looking for something new and easier to maintain. M2 will do the job. Might do Dinan S2 because my local bmw dealership sells it there and it won’t void my warranty.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
MD
I did the super sedan thing. Bought a 1 year old CLS63 AMG and drove it for 4 years. Paid $5k -$8k a year to properly maintain it since the W219 was new and parts weren’t out there like that. $4k in tires, $8k in brakes, 11mpg on the gas. Nothing but problems at year 3. Dumped it once warranty was gone.

Sure I could buy one of those cars you mentioned out of warranty, keep my fingers crossed, do my own oil changes, put on cheap ass rotors and pads, cheap ass tires. But then that just means I can’t afford to properly maintain the car.

Looking for something new and easier to maintain. M2 will do the job. Might do Dinan S2 because my local bmw dealership sells it there and it won’t void my warranty.
you can always get an extended warranty with those cars to have peace of mind. The carmax extended warranty is probably the best warranty out right now but their cars are always over priced IMO. I went to an autocross event about 3 weeks ago and those M2 were tearing up the course since they are light, nimble and have decent horsepower.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
you can always get an extended warranty with those cars to have peace of mind. The carmax extended warranty is probably the best warranty out right now but their cars are always over priced IMO. I went to an autocross event about 3 weeks ago and those M2 were tearing up the course since they are light, nimble and have decent horsepower.

Ya I've had my eye on F80 M3s on CarMax. The M4 is just too big of a coupe for me if I go the coupe route.

We'll see if I can hold out until October. As of right now I have a production number and week (41). Just waiting on my build date. Then I'll have up until delivery.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
M2 is the new M3.... Facts...

but i need that space though, so its the M4 for me.

I can count on 2 hands the amount of times someone has sat in my back seat over the last 5 years. The front seats have plenty of room.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I'd wait for the new tesla model 3

Not interested.

I'm in SoCal and had a chance to be one of the first deposits (was drinking by a Tesla store minutes before deposit was being accepted and no line) and I passed.

Mind hasn't been changed. Might be nice for wifey in a year or 2 though.