So whats the Coli's opinion on Donny Hathaway & his music?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
My top 3 favorite writer/singer. I got Donny first. Stevie Wonder second and Marvin Gaye 3rd as the most influential in my music career.

Whats the Coli's take on this underrated legend?

If the only song you know by him is This Christmas
giphy.gif

:pacspit:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Im actually JUST NOW really "discovering" this dude. Its like, he's never really mentioned as much as he should be.

I once made a thread proclaiming Luther as the best male singer ever

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-i...-has-the-best-male-singing-voice-ever.304140/

but since discovering Donnie and listening to more of his music I'm kinda torn:patrice:
I got Luther top 5 definitely but he never wrote any of hits. Majority of his hits were covers and even though he made them better than the original, that keeps him from getting the GOAT title from me.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
this christmas i thought was young stevie :manny: and another song too can't lie on first listen i thought they did the song together.

Mayn when I was little and 1st heard Roger & Zapp's Computer Love, I thought that was Stevie doin the ad libs :pachaha: ..Didn't know till later that was Charlie Wilson just givin a nod to his mentor :salute:

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
I consider Donny one of the greatest to ever do it. Sometimes fame just eludes some but those in the industry recognized. I can't name many I would put in front of him regarding vocals, maybe Stevie and Marvin but that's about it. And the brother could write. :wow:

His daughter can kill it too..