So who ya'all think wrote the NYT op-ed ethering Trump?

Who dunnit?

• Mike Pence

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • John Kelly

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Jim Mattis

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Jeff Sessions

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Steven Mnuchin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilber Ross

• Kirstjen Nielsen

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Don McGahn

• Dan Coates

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Kellyanne Conway

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Stephen Miller

• Jared Kushner

• Ivanka Trump

• Total voters

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
"The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making."

So after the most massive internal ether to ever hit a White House, Trump is going insane trying to figure out who was responsible. Truth is, probably half-a-dozen people or more who could have written it...but who actually would have done it?

Vice-President Mike Pence: Part of the long game to get Trump out of there and take his place?

Chief of Staff John Kelly: Supposedly called Trump an idiot and always seems frustrated with him

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis: Often seen as the main adult in the room, and rumors about him being gone are rampant

Attorney General Jeff Sessions: Has to hate Trump more than anyone right now...

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin: The kind of guy you can tell thinks he's much, much smarter than Trump and can barely tolerate having to work in the same room as him

Commerce Secretary Wilber Ross: An old head who apparently has been mocked by Trump before

Department of Homeland Security head Kirstjen Nielsen: There's been rumors that she hates doing what he's forced her to do and he treats her like crap

UN Ambassador Nikki Haley: She's made clear a few times that she wants to be seen as the "reasonable" conservative and clearly has ambitions beyond this White House

White House Council Don McGahn: Already getting sent home early by Trump and we know he cooperated with Mueller

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats: Didn't mind mocking Trump in the past

White House adviser Kellyanne Conway: Looking at how much her husband hates Trump, there's no way their marriage would have survived if she was really the true believer she makes herself out to be

White House adviser Stephen Miller: The ultimate troll job, knows that he's beyond reproach so he wants to trigger Trump and watch him take the sword to Miller's enemies in the inner circle

White House adviser Jared Kushner: Having Trump as a father-in-law for this many years has probably made him consider much, much worse

White House adviser Ivanka Trump: From all accounts he pretty much never listens to her or takes any of her advice

• Dap
Reactions: .r.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
nah seriously i feel like it definitely is not mattis. if hes this concerned about trump he wouldnt go to the media.
i could see it being conway or coats. not pence but he might have supported and advised it. i could also see mcgahn

Last edited:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
So dumb

If I’m leaking my opinion, why would I trust the NYT not to leak my name?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So dumb

Because a massive proportion of their business depends on them being trusted not to leak sources?

Probably only 4 people at the New York Times know the name, and all of them would immediately have their careers destroyed and the reputation of the newspaper take a serious hit if they leaked. Remember, a New York Times journalist went to jail rather than release a source during the Bush administration.

I would trust a major newspaper of reputation with my name long before I trusted the government or the cops with it. Journalists, defense lawyers, and priests - trust them with pretty much any secret.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So dumb

Because they don't want to ruin their chances of getting more stories from that anonymous source (and other ones) in the future?

We'll find out who it is eventually, but it's pretty unlikely it'll be because of the NYT leaking it.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was Kelleyanne. She's been the leaker for a lot of things ever since the beginning. Notice how the Trump admin did a purge on staff and high level discussions where still getting leaked to the press.

Also the fact that her husband has public spoken out against Trump many times.

Kelleyanne does interviews, she's on TV. She's conscious of the fact of how people view her and the administration especially from the media. She would know what type of reaction this op-ed would get.

Her and the press have a close relationship. Pence wouldn't go to the NYT. Matti wouldn't leak to journalist.

This is all in kelleyannes wheelhouse.

Last edited: