☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Of course Sex and the City and gentrification has ruined some of what we loved about our cities...

...but the desire to put everything on the early versions of blogspot, word press...and of course Facebook, twitter, IG, and even snapchat has caused a spike in real estate prices, has caused businesses like restaurants to inflate prices to compete for ad revenues and clout with everyone on the internet just to stake out menial existences, and has allowed entirely bad ideas of niche industries like bakeries and other trinket shops to stake out their fortunes in places they have no place being...all for the desire of being online

Gentrification is as much the result of the of a phenomenon of a young monied class, as much as it is the desire to show it off via social media.

We can't forget this.

Entire hidden gems are now subject to the hype-cycle as those in-the-know are now competing with those trying to become influencers themselves and blowing everything up way past the point of mere enjoyment.

Urbanization is nothing without pop-culture and now, social media.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nothing is secret with the internet anymore. Or underground. Hypergentrification was accelerated by sites like AIRBNB, people from europe and asia using NY craigslist for apartment rental as supposed to locals, all these spots are being exposed etc...I see it every day here in NYC.
It really is...dudes traveling to the other side of town for hidden deals and shyt

Driving routes are no longer short-cuts

etc

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Btw @ThreeLetterAgency

alot of these fluff hipster businesses close quickly. The cupcake shop trend came and went. There are alot of businesses here that hipsters started that only run on parental funds...they don't have the type of business you would think they have and only make online sales....alot of boutiques that close cause they are in high rent areas and they are not actually as successful as they claim.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
interesting point :ehh:

obviously apartments didnt go by word of mouth and knowing the area, they get rented because some jackoff found them online. multiply that times thousands and :huhldup:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
interesting point :ehh:

obviously apartments didnt go by word of mouth and knowing the area, they get rented because some jackoff found them online. multiply that times thousands and :huhldup:
I was watching this vlog on youtube and I was like...10 years ago you could live in that part of town for nothing...and theres nothing unique about that neighborhood other than how it used to be an art district...and I realized social media and the desire to show off living there is the only reason its so expensive.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
To sum this up, new nikkas (black and white) don't know how to enjoy an experience without seeking superficial validation by it (in other words, they can't shut the fukk up).

Humans are social beings, but "social media" represents a perverse form of simulation which ultimately serves to devalue any form of culture and vernacular linked to a particular region or group.

This is leading to a paradigm shift in the way we interact and what we perceive as genuine....blah blah. :russell:

simulacra-simulation.jpg

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Btw @ThreeLetterAgency

alot of these fluff hipster businesses close quickly. The cupcake shop trend came and went. There are alot of businesses here that hipsters started that only run on parental funds...they don't have the type of business you would think they have and only make online sales....alot of boutiques that close cause they are in high rent areas and they are not actually as successful as they claim.

My wife and I noticed this too. We watch alot of shows on the Food Network. We tend to look up a restaurant showcased and POOF, that bish gone. This is after hearing a 10 min segment on how successful it has been.:martin:

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
You think business start because they "want to be online"?:what:
Gentrification is due to people wanting their cities to look nice for the 'Gram? :what: