Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Im in Md

Alot of blacks here voted for Hogan
yes but "a lot of blacks" didn't change the outcome of the election

30% of Hogan's vote comes from democrats in this state....that's how he won in 2014 and 2018. In fact, in 2018 he captured more of MoCo despite MoCo rejecting the independent and republican running for county executive.

Jealous had an insurmountable hill to climb and no money.

There are not enough republicans in this state to win a statewide election pandering to your base alone. It's simple math. Republicans are outnumbered 2:1 according to party registration. Republicans stay on code and will vote for whoever is on the ticket regardless of their conservatism or moderation. Dem voters on the other hand p*ssy foot, white and black.

This state is full of "not my republican" voters. They hate Trump's real estate scams, and turn an eye to Hogan's curernt scheme where he profits off of deals. They hate Kavanaugh, but they just gave up the MD Court of Appeals because Hogan is going to nominate only Republicans. They hate ICE, but elect sherrifs that sign contracts with ICE.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

30% of Hogan's vote comes from democrats in this state....that's how he won in 2014 and 2018. In fact, in 2018 he captured more of MoCo despite MoCo rejecting the independent and republican running for county executive.

There are not enough republicans in this state to win a statewide election pandering to your base alone. It's simple math. Republicans are outnumbered 2:1 according to party registration. Republicans stay on code and will vote for whoever is on the ticket regardless of their conservatism or moderation. Dem voters on the other hand p*ssy foot, white and black.

This state is full of "not my republican" voters. They hate Trump's real estate scams, and turn an eye to Hogan's curernt scheme where he profits off of deals. They hate Kavanaugh, but they just gave up the MD Court of Appeals because Hogan is going to nominate only Republicans. They hate ICE, but elect sherrifs that sign contracts with ICE.

Ben Jealous despite that still won over 1 million voters in 2018... no one who is NOT an incumbent has done that in MD. Of course O'Malley in 2010 and Hogan in 2018 did it. :damn:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

The Maryland DNC also gave Jealous tepid support. I don’t know if he had the best personality to win but I do know the electoral advantages. If MD DNC gave more support, the race is closer.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

I live in Harford County though :sadcam:. They out here breh and in Baltimore County too. Hogan just got enough of them to either turn out or in Balt County to switch over. I hate that muthafukka Hogan but the Trump love is worse in some place :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
even though trump would definitely win the nomination regardless, having a serious primary opponent could be good for hurting him in the general. ford and carter both had serious challenges as incumbents and they both ended up losing their generals.
yeah, being challenged by a guy like hogan (in your face style, knows what he's doing, experienced) will make trump look like a fukkin fool by comparison. non-trump base republicans would be :snoop: about it

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Hogan is aiming for Cardin's seat in 2024. Cardin will probably retire at that point.

edit: meant to say Cardin

Last edited: