Songwriter calls out Beyoncé for stealing writing credits

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
She was talking about publishing credits not songwriting credits

She spoke on acts like Usher and Bey asking for 25-30% of the publishing which I think is fair since they are performing and promoting the song

They are top tier artist today who worked +20 yrs to build their platform ...while she is just one of thousands and thousands of songwriters trying to be seen

And yes if course if they change up the bridge , rework the hook they get a writing credit

Just really no money to be made in music especially as a songwriter during the streaming era

Last edited:
Daps
"That song was written at a Rihanna song camp"

We don't talk about those writing camps enough...

Clive Davis himself said it’s not Whitney’s job to write songs, only make them hits. Whitney is everyone’s favorite singer and is known not to write songs. Luther’s biggest hits are covers and songs he didn’t write. Writing only became and issue when it was used to discredit beyonces career

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Owning 70% of the publishing on the record you wrote beyonce. Or owning 10% on the song you wrote Sevyn Streeter? Something tells me the math works out a little better with you only owning 70%:francis:

If you dont find it fair,go make another Beyonce. Not to be rude about this,but I have to be fair. Im on record saying most of Beyonces music ive heard is wack. So am I to believe those wack records would be hits if beyonce wasnt the one singing it?

I need to hear whar song you wrote before saying you deserve more credit.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
This chick is gonna crash out over Diddy... :dahell:

Puff couldn't even make Cassie into a Beyonce Lite... how much money did she think she was gonna make off her :wtf: .

She'd be much better off going after the streamers regarding their payout.

She's suing multiple music record companies so I hope she has all her reciepts.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
"That song was written at a Rihanna song camp"

We don't talk about those writing camps enough...
The music industry is just another sweat shop

The motto is "Do the work, keep quiet, and contribute to the main endorser (artist)"

We've seen what to Quentin Miller

Homie got used for labor

The music industry doesn't give a fukk. If they can replace you, they will. This sentiment for the job market in America.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
My thing is this though. Have some humility about your self if your just the face of the machine. You out here campaigning for AOTY against people who are playing multiple instruments and spending dozens of hours writing. You show up in a tracksuit somewhere in LA and bang out 15 pre recorded and complete songs and they want to be regarded as legitimate as the next man. It’s foul

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
People that don’t understand the business will always go for low hanging fruit like this; the “someone big and famous stole from me” arguments.

Just like the clowns who read albums credits and think that Beyoncé wrote ALL of her songs.

:mjlol:

I hate dishonest discourse.

:francis:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Hire a better agent/manager to protect your financial stake for your content. Period.
The general public doesn't care. Airing this stuff out n social nedia won't change a thing.
Great way to get blacklisted.

And then people wonder why she doesn't win AOTY
Yeah I'm sure that's why. 100% fukkon' A buddy. No lies told.

FOH :francis: