Sonic might've made the biggest comeback I've ever seen for a franchise

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As a breh who grew up with the character, you love to see it :wow:

In the 2010s Sonic was basically completely washed up, most of the games were bad (with the exception of Generations), and then Forces was particularly terrible. Then we found out about there was going to be a live-action Sonic movie which everybody figured would be a joke...and that was before this picture came out

sonic-movie-1556891872.png

Now several years later -

-Both live action Sonic movies were hits and the third is on the way
-Knuckles spinoff coming out in a month (never thought Knuckles would get his own show)
-Probably more spinoffs if the Netflix one is successful since they're trying to build a shared universe
-Highly rated 3D Sonic game that's actually the best selling 3D Sonic ever - Sonic Frontiers Is The Best Selling 3D Sonic Game Of All Time.
-Recent Netflix cartoon
-Decent 2D Sonic that dropped last year
-Sonic Generations remake coming out later this year

:wow:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation

In the 2010s Sonic was basically completely washed up, most of the games were bad (with the exception of Generations), and then Forces was particularly terrible. Then we found out about there was going to be a live-action Sonic movie which everybody figured would be a joke...and that was before this picture came out

-Knuckles spinoff coming out in a month (never thought Knuckles would get his own show)
-Probably more spinoffs if the Netflix one is successful since they're trying to build a shared universe
-Highly rated 3D Sonic game that's actually the best selling 3D Sonic ever - Sonic Frontiers Is The Best Selling 3D Sonic Game Of All Time.
-Recent Netflix cartoon

In order to really push Sonic to the max they need a 3D Sonic on par with Mario in terms of quality and production. Sega has said they're on it. I want to see them succeed. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 remakes should also be inbound.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
In order to really push Sonic to the max they need a 3D Sonic on par with Mario in terms of quality and production. Sega has said they're on it. I want to see them succeed. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 remakes should also be inbound.
:yeshrug: Sonic Heroes is rumored to be getting a remake.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

:yeshrug: Sonic Heroes is rumored to be getting a remake.

Honestly I think Frontiers is almost it...8.5/10 game IMO.

They basically have the right formula, just need to tighten up the controls a little. Otherwise there's really not much wrong with that game. Easily the most fun I've had with a 3D Sonic game since the Dreamcast days.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

-Recent Netflix cartoon

I've been a Mariohead my whole life, and I'm glad Sonic is coming back. Success breeds success :salute:
People are too hard on Sonic's falloff IMO. He had a pretty consistently decent run until Sonic 2006 (:trash: ) dropped.
The Advance games and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were still pretty good.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Honestly I think Frontiers is almost it...8.5/10 game IMO.

They basically have the right formula, just need to tighten up the controls a little. Otherwise there's really not much wrong with that game. Easily the most fun I've had with a 3D Sonic game since the Dreamcast days.
I'll check it

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
Sega needs to make Sonic Adventure 3(or Something Similar) with Momentum Physics/Controls, like in the Genesis era.

Many of the most recent Sonic, games have been "Lazy".

Nintendo, never slacks on Mario games.

3D Mario, has presented the template for Sega to emulate to have greater controls.

My opinion, they should spend a lot of time working on Sonic's movements in 3D.

And also remove "Rails".

The Rails sections on most Modern Sonic games, aren't good.

It's basically an interpolation of the "Loops" in the Genesis games.

The Loops, were never on "Auto Pilot", Rails take away control.

Also the Double Tap "Targeting", to hit enemies, all of these mechanism actually make Sonic seem "Slow".

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I've been a Mariohead my whole life, and I'm glad Sonic is coming back. Success breeds success :salute:
People are too hard on Sonic's falloff IMO. He had a pretty consistently decent run until Sonic 2006 (:trash: ) dropped.
The Advance games and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were still pretty good.

Yeah, something happened to SEGA after 2004, and "Shadow the Hedgehog" was the start of that mess :snoop:

Wasn't until late 2010 when "Sonic Colors" for the first Wii was a legit dope 3D Sonic game came in and (temporarily) changed course of the franchise.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, something happened to SEGA after 2004, and "Shadow the Hedgehog" was the start of that mess :snoop:

Wasn't until late 2010 when "Sonic Colors" for the first Wii was a legit dope 3D Sonic game came in and (temporarily) changed course of the franchise.

Sonic Unleashed was pretty good too :ehh: at least the parts without the Werehog ( :comeon: )

After Sonic 06 came out (which was legit terrible) it just kind of ruined Sonics' rep for a while, even if the games after weren't bad.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Sonic Unleashed was pretty good too :ehh: at least the parts without the Werehog ( :comeon: )

After Sonic 06 came out (which was legit terrible) it just kind of ruined Sonics' rep for a while, even if the games after weren't bad.

Yeah, and the years of Sonic's rep being in the garbage when other gamers were mocking him was :camby:

Casuals were legit demonic against him and denounced his impact to gaming.