Sony: first party lineup is sparse this year, focusing on 3rd party support

HarlemRiverDrive

Rated X by an all white jury.
Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-05-27-sony-admits-first-party-lineup-a-little-sparse

"We are working very hard to continue very strong support from third-party pubs and devs," House said. "Our first-party lineup is a little sparse this year, so I think this places even greater emphasis on getting good third-party support."

That doesn't necessarily mean exclusive third-party support. To date, House said Sony has been primarily trying to get multiplatform developers to simply take advantage of features the PS4 has over the competition, like SharePlay, or maybe include extra content in the PS4 version or give players early access to add-on content. Third-party exclusives are still an option, just not a frequently used one.

"I will admit that these are, in the current publishing landscape, few and far between, but we were able to announce a full exclusive around a franchise like Street Fighter so that Street Fighter 5 is a complete exclusive for PlayStation 4," House said, adding, "Although given publishing dynamics and development costs, those are increasingly difficult to secure."

Interesting to see, but it's not surprising considering they were sparse with the 3rd party support for the PS3 (and for good reason.)

Kind of worried if Until Dawn and the Tearaway/GoW3 remasters is all they have left for this year. :lupe:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So no 2015 surprises for E3...

giphy.gif

*prepares to buy an Xbox One for Christmas*

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like we haven't been eating already so far this year though... :ld:

Larrybox has had ZERO retail exclusives released this year. So spare me the sparse...only thing sparse is the same leftovers of Halo MCC Team Larry been rationing since November 2014 :laff:

Lies

Killer instinct as always and ori and the blind forests

Either way the xb1 exclusive line up this year is shaping up to be greater than the ps4's but dont worry uncharted is coming :troll:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Like we haven't been eating already so far this year though... :ld:

Larrybox has had ZERO retail exclusives released this year. So spare me the sparse...only thing sparse is the same leftovers of Halo MCC Team Larry been rationing since November 2014 :laff:

True. Plus, ain't like the follow up early year ain't dropping heat. Persona 5 might even get released by year's end as well. SFV, Ratchet & Clank reboot and Uncharted 4 right around that new year corner and plenty of dope multi-plats dropping this year, along what has already released so far this year, so I'm good.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Lies

Killer instinct as always and ori and the blind forests

Either way the xb1 exclusive line up this year is shaping up to be greater than the ps4's but dont worry uncharted is coming :troll:

Learn to read brehs...I SPECIFICALLY SAID RETAIL EXCLUSIVES. :snoop:

Killer Instinct dropped in 2013 :umad:

But if you wanna play this game...

PS4 RETAIL Exclusives THIS YEAR Released (8) - The Order, Bloodborne, MLB The Show 15, Omega Quintet, Toukiden Kiwami, Final Fantasy X/X2, Tropico 5, Arcania: The Complete Tale,

starvinmarvinlarrybox.jpg
Retail Exclusives This Year Released (2) - Screamride, State Of Decay :mjlol:

charlie-murphy-laugh-o.gif

Try to throw stones and it backfires brehs..... :smugfavre:

Even with UPCOMING GAMES yall still lost
http://www.listwar.com/upcoming-games/

23 to 7 retail exclusives

So since you want to move the goalposts to Digital Exclusives (all yall keep cysing Ori and The Blind Forest...but then again aint like yall got shyt else :mjlol: )

115 Digital Exclusives on the PS4 vs 33 ....yes nikka 33 on the Larrybox. :mjlol:

@Kamikaze Revy get these amateurs out here...always the nikkaz with ravioli for dinner every night trying to come at some 5 course meal nikkaz :smugfavre:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Learn to read brehs...I SPECIFICALLY SAID RETAIL EXCLUSIVES. :snoop:

Killer Instinct dropped in 2013 :umad:

But if you wanna play this game...

PS4 RETAIL Exclusives THIS YEAR Released (8) - The Order, Bloodborne, MLB The Show 15, Omega Quintet, Toukiden Kiwami, Final Fantasy X/X2, Tropico 5, Arcania: The Complete Tale,

starvinmarvinlarrybox.jpg
Retail Exclusives This Year Released (2) - Screamride, State Of Decay :mjlol:

charlie-murphy-laugh-o.gif

Try to throw stones and it backfires brehs..... :smugfavre:

Even with UPCOMING GAMES yall still lost
http://www.listwar.com/upcoming-games/

23 to 7 retail exclusives

So since you want to move the goalposts to Digital Exclusives (all yall keep cysing Ori and The Blind Forest...but then again aint like yall got shyt else :mjlol: )

115 Digital Exclusives on the PS4 vs 33 ....yes nikka 33 on the Larrybox. :mjlol:

@Kamikaze Revy get these amateurs out here...always the nikkaz with ravioli for dinner every night trying to come at some 5 course meal nikkaz :smugfavre:

Some people will eat anything:ld: