soul plane is theee worst classic of all time

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nothing was wrong with the movie it was one of those things that a few people said was trash and everyone copied

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
That shyt show of a film would’ve buried most careers. The fact Kevin bounced back and became an A-list star is inspiring. We all have to start from somewhere.:wow:
He's done worse

He was in a movie about a group of friends where he donated semen for money

But yeah I respect the hell out of him and Tyler Perry for starting where they did and coming out on top anyway

Last edited:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
That shyt show of a film would’ve buried most careers. The fact Kevin bounced back and became an A-list star is inspiring. We all have to start from somewhere.:wow:
It’s a weird movie all-around. I had no idea who Kevin Hart was or the fact that he was supposed to be a comedian. He didn’t even really play a comedic role in the movie.. he spent most of his screentime trying to get his girl back and keep everything under control on the plane.

Kev’s two minute cameo in 40 year Old Virgin probably did more for his career in comedy than Soul Plane. Crazy when you think about it

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
shyt was always trash imo and reeked of “black” humor written for white ppl

*edit*

sometimes I forget about the age difference on here…I was about 29 when I seen it…to a high schooler at the time, I would imagine it was hilarious

I was in junior high when Soul Plane dropped, I definitely thought it was funny asf at the time and when I rewatched it several times during high school.

Now though? :scust:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I always compare ‘the wash’ to this movie to demonstrate the difference between comedies that laugh with us vs those that laugh at us

The wash os easily better than soul plane. That's difference between having actually having black people helm a movie vs cacs lowkey creating a movie and trying to have black ppl be the face of it

The homie sums it up well (also pls sub to bro. His content is fire)

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Saw it when it first came out and said then it was the worst movie of all time, and still to this day. Next to cabin fever lol