Southern Cali Brehs, Yall Ready For This Big Earthquake They Say Bout To Hit On Tuesday?

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
EARTHQUAKE
HEIGHTENED EARTHQUAKE ALERT ISSUED FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

1532839_630x354.jpg

A map of earthquake faults is seen as a sample of an earthquake early warning system during a news conference Sept. 29, 2016, in Rancho Cordova. (AP Photo)

SANTA ANA, Calif. --
Southern California residents should remain on heightened alert until Tuesday for the increased possibility of a major earthquake, officials said.

The warning by the Governor's Office of Emergency Services follows a series of small temblors deep under the Salton Sea, which is located on the 800-mile-long San Andreas fault, the Orange County Register reported Saturday.

Such warnings are typically issued once or twice a year, said Kelly Huston, the deputy director of crisis communications for the Governor's Office of Emergency Services.

The latest alert was issued after 142 temblors hit starting Monday near Bombay Beach at the southern end of the fault. Those quakes ranged from a magnitude of 1.4 to 4.3, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

Scientists estimate the probability of a quake with a magnitude of 7.0 or higher on the southern San Andreas fault being triggered is as high as 1 in 100 and as low as 1 in 3,000. The average chance for such an earthquake striking on any given week is 1 in 6,000. That heightened probability will last through Tuesday.

Earthquakes along the San Andreas typically occur every 300 years, said Morgan Page, a geophysicist with the USGS. Earthquake Science Center, but the southernmost end of the fault hasn't ruptured since 1690.

"There is significant stress stored on the southern end," Page said.
Gov. Jerry Brown on Thursday signed legislation to develop a statewide warning system to inform Californians of impending earthquakes through their cellphones, radios and other devices.

"California is earthquake country," said Mark Ghilarducci, the director of the state's Office of Emergency Services. "We must always be prepared and not let our guard down."

Link: Heightened earthquake alert issued for Southern California

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
This shyt is crazy to me that technology is at the point that they can predict earthquakes. I remember them just randomly happening and that was it.

I been seeing people on facebook all last week keep talking bout all these tremors hitting like something big was coming.

For all my life I been hearing about The Big One. I'm stuck in Cincinnati until Wednesday. If that shyt happens and I miss out on it, I'm gonna be lowkey disappointed.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
And my mom always talking about how she loves it here. :aicmon:
If I wasn't stuck out here tryna look after my mom and sister I would've been gone. They better be glad I'm the one overly cautious one seeing as to how they be throwing caution to the wind.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Check the Betting thread. This is old news. May happen this year or early 2017.
This might be the event that keeps Obama in office, I predicted before November. Hopefully I'm wrong

ChrisDorner2

Banned
Daps
And there's nothing saying it's predicted to hit on Tuesday OP you're a fukking fakkit