"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" 2018 animated film thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Get everyone familiar with Miles before introducing him in the live-action movies down the line, smart move.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
My son was wildin with the Miles Spidey yesterday in Lego Avengers :russ:

Kid said "he can turn INVISIBLE?!?!!:gladbron:
AND got shockers?!?!:gladbron:"
i don't got kids yet but this is the type of stuff i want for them man :to:

If they make this a big budget 3D animation thing, with Marvel/Disney overseeing it, allowing Sony access to cameo appearances by other characters, and giving it the combined Disney/Sony marketing machine behind the project...

Bruh...

• Black Panther <-- Live action theatrical release
  • Miles Morales <-- 3D animated theatrical release

what a year that could be :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Casting Call For Sony's Animated SPIDER-MAN Movie Pretty Much Confirms The Lead Character
It's been a while since we've heard anything about Sony's animated Spider-Man movie, but it's looking like reports of it revolving around Miles Morales were correct. Backstage has a casting call up for an upcoming Sony Animations project codenamed, "Cabin Fever." A synopsis says only that it "chronicles the adventures of two unlikely friends, Terrence and Pete," but it's thought this is actually Spider-Man.

For Terrence, the studio is looking for a male between 13 - 15 who is described as "a young African-American/Puerto Rican teen from Brooklyn; he is new to this suburban school and now feeling out of place, overwhelmed, pressured with new responsibilities, and dealing with puberty; while trying to fit in he must do his best to stay out of trouble; along the way in developing his identity he's losing old friends but now making a new one, Pete." That definitely sounds an awful lot like Miles Morales!

Before you go assuming that "Pete" is Peter Parker, a description for that character (aged 13 - 16) points to that not being the case. Instead, he's going to be "a young, slighgtly geeky, Asian-American teen; he's smart, sweet, and encouraging; although very unlike any of the friends Terrence had in his old Brooklyn neighborhood, Pete proves to be a good fit for Terrence making good decisions."

With any luck, we'll get some more details on this Spider-Man movie next year. It looks like Sony are going to cast real teenagers anyway, but chances are some bigger name stars will end up joining them.

Casting Call For Sony's Animated SPIDER-MAN Movie Pretty Much Confirms The Lead Character

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Still rumored to be Miles :whew:

The old news (6/23/16) :

Sony's Plans Involve More Spider-Man Films & Work with Marvel
Sony Pictures will continue to make theirs Marvel. During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Chairman Tom Rothman praised the studio’s partnership with Marvel Studios, teased what’s in store for Spider-Man’s future and more.

He also weighed in on the upcoming animated “Spider-Man” film. “We have dated Christmas 2018 for what I believe is truly going to be a breakthrough animated sensation,” he shared. “[Phil] Lord and [Chris] Miller, who did the ‘LEGO’ movies, are doing an animated ‘Spider-Man.’ And it has a very breakthrough look to it, and a fantastic story, and it’s independent from our Marvel Spider-Man.”

The old rumor (5/27/16):
REPORT: Miles Morales Will Be the Star of Sony's Animated
According to Heroic Hollywood, Sony’s animated “Spider-Man” film will reportedly follow Miles Morales, the half-black, half-Puerto Rican character who took on the Spider mantle after the death of the Ultimate Peter Parker in the comics. The report also includes two working titles for the project: “Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man” and “The Ultimate Spider-Man: Miles Morales.”

The animated film is said to “co-exist” with live-action Spidey film projects, though it “will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing.” Spider-Man franchise vets Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach will produce, along with former Sony Pictures Chairperson Amy Pascal, who will produce the new live-action Spider-Man film with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige.

“The LEGO Movie” and “21 Jump Street” directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are currently on board to write a treatment and produce the film.

Spider-Man’s animated feature film debut will bow on December 21, 2018, roughly a year and a half after the scheduled release date of Sony and Marvel’s live-action Spidey film, July 28, 2017.

Most recent rumors (12/3116):
Will Sony's Spider-Man Animated Movie Star Miles Morales?
With so much attention focused on “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” it may be easy to forget that Sony Pictures is also developing an animated film starring the wall-crawler. However, a recent casting call may shed a little light on the feature, and confirm rumors about which Spider-Man will star.

A listing on Backstage seeks voice actors to play the leads in “Cabin Fever,” a Sony Pictures Animation film that “chronicles the adventures of two unlikely friends, Terrence and Pete.” Although the logline is generic, and the title as much of a placeholder as the character’s names, the descriptions for “Terrence” and “Pete” will undoubtedly remind Marvel Comics fans of Miles Morales and his best friend Ganke Lee:

Terrence (Lead): Male, 13-15 — a young African-American/Puerto Rican teen from Brooklyn; he is new to this suburban school and now feeling out of place, overwhelmed, pressured with new responsibilities, and dealing with puberty; while trying to fit in he must do his best to stay out of trouble; along the way in developing his identity he’s losing old friends but now making a new one, Pete.

Pete (Supporting): Male, 13-16a young, slightly geeky, Asian-American teen; he’s smart, sweet, and encouraging; although very unlike any of the friends Terrence had in his old Brooklyn neighborhood, Pete proves to be a good fit for Terrence making good decisions.

CBR has reached out to Sony Pictures for comment.

The connection to the “Spider-Man” animated film is tenuous, of course, but it’s certainly not a leap to think that “Terrence,” an African-American/Puerto Rican teen from Brooklyn, is indeed Miles Morales … an African-American/Puerto Rican teen from Brooklyn. It would also seem to lend credence to the rumor from May that Miles would star in the animated feature.

Opening Dec. 21, 2018, the animated film is written by Chris Miller and Phil Lord of “The LEGO Movie” fame. “It is not going to feel like every other Spider-Man movie you’ve seen,” Miller said in June. “It will stand on its own as a unique filmgoing experience.” However, the duo declined to say whether the film will feature Peter Parker.

Bob Persichetti, an animation veteran who wrote “The Little Prince,” will make his feature directorial debut on the project, which will be produced by longtime Spider-Man producer Avi Arad and former Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal.

Directed by Jon Watts, “Spider-Man: Homecoming” stars Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori, Tyne Daly, Bokeem Woodbine, Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. The film opens July 7, 2017.

Terrence and Pete heh? :pachaha:
I'm hoping it is young Miles bout to get that mainstream global push :wow:

Let's get it done for Static, Miles. Let's get it done:to:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Still rumored to be Miles :whew:

The old news (6/23/16) :

Sony's Plans Involve More Spider-Man Films & Work with Marvel

The old rumor (5/27/16):
REPORT: Miles Morales Will Be the Star of Sony's Animated

Most recent rumors (12/3116):
Will Sony's Spider-Man Animated Movie Star Miles Morales?

Terrence and Pete heh? :pachaha:
I'm hoping it is young Miles bout to get that mainstream global push :wow:

Let's get it done for Static, Miles. Let's get it done:to:
Oh it's coming

Disney XD's Upcoming Spider-Man Animated Series Will Include Miles Morales And Spider-Gwen

:blessed:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Homie there's already one of these threads kicking around here
:manny:

Yessir!

disney-xd-spider-man1.jpg

disney-xd-spider-man2.jpg

I peeped only a couple of the previous Disney XD Spidey show that I saw Miles was in, but i'ma check out this new series just to see if the quality is better

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Make it a sequel to the Raimi movies, bring Tobey back to pass the mantle