Spin Thread: Do “European Beauty Standards” effect Black Men?

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
Wale has mentioned multiple times that if he was light skin he would be more successful

Most black men that are considered heart throbs are light-skin, biracial or racially ambiguous

T.I.,Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Dave East, Drake, J. Cole, even miscellaneous nikkas like that dude T.I. Daughter dating Bandhunta izzy, to the new up and coming like NLE Choppa

Even from a historical perspective you have common, LL Cool J, Allen Iverson, Shemar Moore, Al B. Sure, Christopher Williams etc..

Lightskin nikkas are always labeled as “Pretty” or “Soft” and I’ve been told numerous times from multiple girls that they don’t date lightskin nikkas because of the perceived notion that they will cheat more than dark skin nikkas who will “treat them better” AKA worship them for being lightskin

Im dark skin myself and I’ve been told I’m a “pretty boy” but I’ve had a women say you are “handsome” not “pretty”and upon further inquiry she revealed “pretty” is reserved for lightskin nikkas with light eyes

Does this “European Beauty Standard” effect us brother’s the same way as it effects our women?

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
Receipts? :ohhh:

What Dominican nikka is named David Brewster Jr. lol

I think this might’ve hurt his career trajectory because he has a huge female fanbase consisting of predominantly black women but his pops is Bajan and his moms is a Louisiana Creole but he has a Dominican flag on his neck and has numerous references in his lyrics to being Dominican and not black lol
Plus his baby moms Dominican and exposed him for lying about being Dominican the nikka a weirdo bro lol

He mentioned his moms grandmother is Dominican but idk how that equates to being half Dominican if your father bajan and your moms less than a quarter allegedly

:manny:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idris elba got sexiest man alive and that nikka is dark skinned close thread. Wasnt there a whole Twitter celebration last year on Morris Chestnut. I’m not saying that there isn’t colorism in our community but all shades of men in the black race can eat. I’m a brown skin nikka like Michael b and trey songz and the only people that I’ve heard classify that as light skinned is some one from Africa.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
The black man (with 2 black parents) is the original man.

Biologically and physically, we are the standard. Period.

Never felt inferior to another race of men.... I've always felt superior.

but European standards affect us differently.... I been wearing European suits my entire life since I was a toddler.... My father and uncles wear European suits and drive European vehicles..... We dont wear West African Kaftans.... We've adapted to the European dress code because the European suit is now seen as the uniform of business and excellence

Last edited:

ALMIGHTY GOD

Omnipotent. Omniscient. Omnipresent.
Daps
Reppin
all of creation
LOL knew a light brown cat with blue eyes and long curly hair, dude looked biracial, but both parents were black with the dad being dark skin with blue eyes and the momma a light bright. the result was....... you nikkas have no idea:mjpls::mjpls: seeing supposes pro black women lose there shyt over this dude was insane and eye opening.

one straight up said she aint have to feel guilty about lusting after him since both parents were black. i pointed out that some of his features were NOT that common and she was like :bryan::ufdup: both parents black cant say shyt :laff::laff::laff: :umad:....... black women are JUST as colorist brehs.