The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Impressive use of google.
Have you ever had a lucid dream yourself?
you asked for evidence of a claim in a succinct form...and yet you're pressing ME for info?

fukk outta here.

...and yes, i have.

I never once thought it was some external experience, but merely a neurological one.

Then again...I know how the brain can work so...

Daps
He agrees but is using "brain" as a word substitute for human.

He stated earlier that we are our biological processes.

To declare that we can control it contradicts that statement. To suggest that we can control it suggests there exists a 'will' so to say independent and superior to the above.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i'm not revealing too much of my personal life...i'm just gonna be in school for a LONG time :to:
I feel you breh, I'm on my last semester of my PhD. That should also let you know something breh. Don't underestimate your competition. You gotta stop being so condescending. You're gonna get sonned the fukk out all throughout your doctoral program. You don't know shyt and they'll tell you that. Be more humble.

I'm giving honest advice here, not trying to be mean

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
All you do is dodge the questions and give the same response over and over.

I'm losing respect for this know you claim to possess.

Again, If humans can control their 'emotions' (as we call it:comeon:) than that implies an aspect that has control over the neural and biological processes.

Yes or no?

This is fairly simple. If I can direct X, than I have control over X, and I am not subject to X.

What is so difficult:stopitslime:

Yes...and that process is within the brain.

If you're asking for a location of it, I may not be able to tell you, but as far as we know the ability of the brain (or a person) to regulate their response to future stimuli can be influenced by that person themselves.

why do you keep looking for some sort of external entity?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He stated earlier that we are our biological processes.

To declare that we can control it contradicts that statement. To suggest that we can control it suggests there exists a 'will' so to say independent and superior to the above.

it doesn't contradict that statement.

biologically processes self-regulate all the time. There doesnt have to be some "master" thing over it all.

you REALLY don't understand how hard it is to have this convo when you aren't even talking like you understand how basic biology works.

its like, if you understand how cells work and come together, then you understand why you don't need to find this sort of "master switch" to do everything.

we're truncating a lot of language here to try and simplify these really complex arguments.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I feel you breh, I'm on my last semester of my PhD. That should also let you know something breh. Don't underestimate your competition. You gotta stop being so condescending. You're gonna get sonned the fukk out all throughout your doctoral program. You don't know shyt and they'll tell you that. Be more humble.

i'm not getting a PhD...I'm going for that MD... :ahh:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
One explanation of the neurology behind lucid dreaming:

http://www.theassc.org/files/assc/2613.pdf

by Allan Hobson, Harvard Medical School

Lucid dreaming discussion begins on page 5, "What approach should we take to phenomenology?"

"...the dorsolateral prefrontal region, is conspicuously less activated than in waking. This specific deactivation may constitute the physical substrate of the cognitive incapacity of non-lucid dreaming.... Our lucid dream experiences must be based upon important changes in our brain function. A testable hypothesis is that our dorsolateral prefrontal cortex reactivates to near waking levels while our pons, limbic systems, and our temporal and posteralateral cortex remain sufficiently hyperactive to maintain the perceptual and emotional features of dreaming. In this way, we seize cognitive and volitional control of dreaming, a state in which these functions are normally weakened."

this is straight from that same paper, acknowledging that basically they still don't know shyt about lucid dreaming and all they are doing at the present is present TESTABLE(read:unproven) HYPOTHESIS

My exhortation raises important questions about the division of labor in philosophy, psychology, and neurobiology. Psychology is becoming more neurobiological but works within its well-established behavioral model. There is not much room for either consciousness or the self in Skinner’s black box. Therefore we do not see many psychologists studying first person data. Neurobiology eschews first person data even more strongly. Philosophy insists upon its importance but takes no responsibility for developing an empirical approach to it. It is difficult enough to be a good philosopher, a good psychologist, or a good neurobiologist without expecting people to be good at any two, let alone all three of these fields. And yet it may be that real progress will come only when finally some one accepts such a triple threat challenge.

bu bbbuttt buttttt neuroscience has got it all figured out

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

competition? sure i won't underestimate them...if i feel like they're actually competition :heh:

these mental midgets arguing over "spirits" and shyt when their only experience with complex psychology or even biology is the discovery channel? Yeah. i'm not worried. :pachaha:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
it doesn't contradict that statement.

biologically processes self-regulate all the time. There doesnt have to be some "master" thing over it all.

you REALLY don't understand how hard it is to have this convo when you aren't even talking like you understand how basic biology works.

its like, if you understand how cells work and come together, then you understand why you don't need to find this sort of "master switch" to do everything.

we're truncating a lot of language here to try and simplify these really complex arguments.

While you're correct, you are the one who grouped all neural activity into one large category in the first place, when we know it is not all alike.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
this is straight from that same paper, acknowledging that basically they still don't know shyt about lucid dreaming and all they are doing at the present is present TESTABLE(read:unproven) HYPOTHESIS

bu bbbuttt buttttt neuroscience has got it all figured out
it was a REVIEW of a paper, not a paper on the topic itself.

read the document.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
While you're correct, you are the one who grouped all neural activity into one large category in the first place, when we know it is not all alike.
uh...no i didn't.

and even further, this has nothing to do with people wanting to think theres some external "spiritual" process.

Its like when the obvious god-shyt died, people just turned to nebulous concepts to keep pushing that whole "transcendence" shyt.

So many of you all just can't except your biological realities :snoop:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
uh...no i didn't.

and even further, this has nothing to do with people wanting to think theres some external "spiritual" process.

Its like when the obvious god-shyt died, people just turned to nebulous concepts to keep pushing that whole "transcendence" shyt.

So many of you all just can't except your biological realities :snoop:

I think it was already cleared up that the proper words would be explicit/declarative and not external :comeon:

I also think you downplay the extravagance of biological modes :leostare: