SPLIT Official Thread (Shamalamadingdong is back!)

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I liked the concept, but I don't get why people are so jacked for the ending?

...I was actually disappointed....
"I haven't seen Unbreakable before...So is that why this isn't resonating like it should?"

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

"I haven't seen Unbreakable before...So is that why this isn't resonating like it should?"
Yes. That's exactly why it isn't.

unbreakable was secretly a comic book film.

So the inclusion of Bruce in this was two fold.

One it is showing it's a cinematic universe in unbreakable and of course 2,it flips the film into being an origin film for a comic book villain

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mines actually a new one only 2 years old with the recliners. No food service though
Mine is super old with no recliners and only the basic snacks. The new one is supposed to be a full dine-in theater with booze. It will be the 3rd or 4th one in my area but the closest to me (only a 10 minute drive:blessed:).

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

If you haven;t seen or know anything about Unbreakable then the ending wouldn't mean much but luckily the movie was strong enough on its own that not even including the surprise doesn't diminish my enjoyment of it at all.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So no ones going to mention the ass on Jessica Sula?

I'm mixed on it. I think it was interesting and a well thought out concept but something just feels missing or incomplete. Everyone's actions just didn't seem appropriate for the situations they were in.
The kidnapping I felt happened too early.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
The kidnapping I felt happened too early.
so how do you fill in time? they built the main girl's character thru the flashbacks..i dont think he really wanted to give much backstory on the other two..just make them annoying enough to not really care about in the end...

i just think the overall climax could have been stronger....the "reveal" wasnt the climax...

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
What's the appropriate reaction to such weird scary situations by people
I wouldn't say there is an appropriate reaction, but some of the efforts to escape and fight just seemed out of place or lacking. Like they all acted like there was no where to run before they actually knew there wasn't so they didn't put in full effort. Like when the kid personality was in the room whispering in the girls ear, the other two didn't run outside the door. None of them thought to jump him while in that personality. No ambushes, no urgency, no experimentation. Or even no one noticing it wasn't the real father who got into the car. Or the doctor randomly showing up to his place, or the doctor not playing it smarter when she realized the girls were in the closet.

Everything about the movie was too egregious to suspend belief.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I wouldn't say there is an appropriate reaction, but some of the efforts to escape and fight just seemed out of place or lacking. Like they all acted like there was no where to run before they actually knew there wasn't so they didn't put in full effort. Like when the kid personality was in the room whispering in the girls ear, the other two didn't run outside the door. None of them thought to jump him while in that personality. No ambushes, no urgency, no experimentation. Or even no one noticing it wasn't the real father who got into the car. Or the doctor randomly showing up to his place, or the doctor not playing it smarter when she realized the girls were in the closet.

Have you been kidnapped before?

Nobody knows how they will act in that situation.

There's real life stories of girls being held captive for years on end where they even recall having chances to escape and didnt because of fear.

It's easy to sit back on your sofa or theatre chair and point out things you think you would do or they would do but being in that situation is not the same.

On top of that the girls even had that discussion in the film with the 1 girl telling them straight up its not worth it,she talked them out of it because she was a victim herself.

Yesterday

Banned
Daps
Have you been kidnapped before?

Nobody knows how they will act in that situation.

There's real life stories of girls being held captive for years on end where they even recall having chances to escape and didnt because of fear.

It's easy to sit back on your sofa or theatre chair and point out things you think you would do or they would do but being in that situation is not the same.

On top of that the girls even had that discussion in the film with the 1 girl telling them straight up its not worth it,she talked them out of it because she was a victim herself.
I've also never been in a war but I know they weren't over there playing spades with their enemies. Everything that happened gave the illusion is was being done or not done for the sake of advancing the story. Even in unrealistic movies there has to be a level of belief. Shyamalan didn't explore the actual fear and emotions behind the captivity itself, which made non of it relateable.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I've also never been in a war but I know they weren't over there playing spades with their enemies. Everything that happened gave the illusion is was being done or not done for the sake of advancing the story. Even in unrealistic movies there has to be a level of belief. Shyamalan didn't explore the actual fear and emotions behind the captivity itself, which made non of it relateable.
Except you know,the reports and stories of some soldiers being absolutely paralyzed by fear and completely freezing up and sitting there crying or giving up entirely.

Again,you're projecting and acting as if you know what it's like to be in that situation and ignoring real life stories.

It's pretty easy to use hindsight and armchair tactics when you aren't actually living the reality and weight of it.

Again, go do some reading of some real life kidnapping stories and you will understand their behaviour is not some far fetched concept.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I will say that the doctor should have went home after going to the bathroom and called the police. I thought that was what she was going to do.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Shouldnt have spoiled the m night fukkery for myself but oh well