Stankonia might be the most OVERRATED album of ALL TIMES & SPACE

Superstar
Daps
they mix pop, rnb, funk and electro sounds into their music
how are they not a hybrid? :heh:

even Organized Noize said their sound was a mix of other genres

Did you only listen to a few singles or something?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Say what you will about it as a body of work compared to the first other 3, but the singles, gasoline dreams, red velvet and gangsta shyt are all 10/10 for me.

"Outkast with a K, yeah them nikkas is hard. Harder than a nikka tryna impress God." is one of my favorite bars ever.

Plus that album cover is iconic.

Sean7

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ilked a few songs on this album! I was a huge fan of their first three albums and they are one of my fave duos of all times but I did not like the album that much overall as opposed to their earlier work, very different but I didn't like their style as much anymore.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the most overrated album of all time, but it was overrated. it seemed like it was a classic by default.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Trimming the fat:

1. Intro
2. Gasoline Dreams
3. So Fresh, So Clean
4. Ms. Jackson
5. Spaghetti Junction
6. Sole Sunday
7. B.O.B.
8. Xplosion
9. Humble Mumble
10. ?
11. Red Velvet
12. Gangsta shyt
13. Toilet Tisha
14. Slum Beautiful
15. Stankonia

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
I went through their disco a few years ago in full and this was the weakest album. Singles were amazing though.

I’m surprised that my Dad sat though the album…

He played this to death during Fall 2000-Spring 2001.

Humble Mumble is my favorite although I didn’t like the beat switch.

Gasoline Dreams

Stanklove been in my head for over 20 years. That beat used to be thumpin

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
its not their best work but its far from being garbage. what it was was sonically accessible to rockist critics because it had and has massive crossover potential. stankonia was the album that made the world love outkast. its where andre's prince obsession started musically... the album opens with gasoline dreams, full of electric guitars and openly criticizing the american dream for the bullshyt it is. i see why it appealed to those critics, it reminded them of old shyt like combat rock by the clash. but its not fair to discount outkast just because they got critical praise.

personally i think stankonia is outkast's second worst. speakerboxxx/love below is the bottom of the barrel imo

outkasts power was big boi and dre united. them going solo like that destroyed what they had