Star Wars Episode I vs Episode II: Which one is truly the WOAT?

Which is the WOAT?

• Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Neither, I liked both

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • They were both equally horrible

Votes: 12 11.8%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's generally agreed that the prequels aren't seeing the original films at all, although III is agreed to be marginally more watchable than the first two. (I've seen some big-time Sith stans in this very forum).

I and II are nearly universally agreed to be the most :flabbynsick: films in the franchise.

Episode I Pros and Cons:
Pros:
+ Darth Maul. Could have been one of the dopest characters in the series. It's a crime that he wound up getting got as early as he did.

+ Podracing was actually kinda cool to me. But that's just me though.

+ Actually filmed certain parts of the movie on location, instead of CGI'ing EVERYTHING

+ The only prequel to not demystify and ruin Yoda by having him fight (when he's a character that should be above that). IMO Yoda should be above using a lightsaber. Yoda is the Zen Master of the whole thing.The whole point of his character was to drop wisdom and teach Luke about the patience and the discipline, and that there's more to being a jedi than just having a cool laser sword to swing around.

Cons:
- The opening scene makes no sense. If the bad guys wanted the Jedi out of the picture, why not blow them away before the ship lands, so they won't have a crater in their hangar and hella evidence lying all over the place?

- Elaborating on that, why would the Jedi knowingly sip their tea if they think something's wrong with the scenario? And why don't the bad guys keep the door sealed more than two seconds to let them suffocate after pumping all of that gas into the room?

- [EDIT] If Palpatine's whole goal is to create a panic and scare the senate into initiating a vote of no confidence on the other dude so that Palpatine can assume power in his stead, then wouldn't it make more sense if he had his people tell the Jedi that there won't be any negotiations, and tell the Jedi to leave so they can go back and inform the senate? Trying to murk them on the spot was counterproductive to his whole goal :dahell:

- Jar Jar. Probably the most reviled character in the franchise, and for VERY good reason. :pacspit:

- R2D2 saving everyone when their ship's shields were damaged was pointless. After he got the generators working again, they don't get hit again after that :mjlol:

- Kid Anakin... :scusthov:
(A 9 year old building C-3PO? Really?)

- [EDIT] If they're a trade federation, then why do they have all of these weapons? And will blocking off trade to this lush planet really create that much of a disaster. Everyone and everything on Naboo looks caked up. They look like they can survive one day without space trade.

- Why does Nute Gunray trust this Sidious dude, despite not knowing who he is or knowing anything about him? Dude's a clown :mjlol:

Episode II:Pros and Cons
Pros:

+ Mace Windu
"This party's over" :myman:

+ It spawned a cartoon that was far better then any of the actual Star Wars prequel movies
Gendy Tartakovsky, one of the best to ever do it:salute:

Cons:
- The ridiculous decisions so many characters made. If they knew someone was going to come and murk Padme in the beginning, why would they let her go to sleep that night in a room with a huge window that any sniper or assassin would have a clear view of? :dahell:
And why would they send slow and obvious poionous bugs over using snipers or explosives if they could clearly see her? :dahell:

- the WOAT love story :scust:
Padme fell in love with this dude even after being a knuckleheaded, thirstbucket chump and murdering whole tribes of women and children in children in cold blood? Really?
And the sand speech :dahell:

- The origins of the clone army. :mindblown:
Why would Obi-Wan and Yoda greenlight the use of an army cloned from a known goon that tried to earth Padme and was hella cool with the sepratists? Dude was just straight chilling front row in all of their coliseum matches and everything.
It's even more suspect that the Jedi they don't know for sure who erased the files on Kamino from their records, or who funded the clone army's, or why. (It was probably Dooku or Sidious)

- The cheapening of Yoda. Like I said earlier (you might disagree and that's cool), I always thought of Yoda as as this intentionally tiny, weak dude that was great not because of his own abilities, but because of the Force. It, and it alone was all he needed-- wars do not make one great. He should have been the professor X of the whole thing, just the the guy that can mindwipe everybody and have them reliving their worst nightmare for eternity in two seconds without even having to fight ever. Just rearranging everybody's memories with no effort without even having to fight. Yoda should have been that dude.

Your mileage may vary on some of these, so if I'm wrong on any of this stuff above, cool :ld:
But these movies aren't touching the originals either way.
I know most of this was covered in the red letter media reviews, but I want to know what YOU brehs think :myman:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You know what's crazy about the prequels is that while these two really did suck they had some great stuff in them....

Darth Maul... some of the podracing, we got to see the jedi council, mace windu,

in the second one we got to meet boba fett, the clone army, sexy padme in that white suit....

The thing that irks the shyt outta me the most is the whole clone army shyt that obi wan found out... the whole scenario fukks my mind over and over..... :mindblown: like you find out a dead jedi master by the name of sifo dias requisitioned the clone army, but he's dead, and been dead so why was the army made, was it syfo dias? or was it someone else pretending to be him for nefarious purposes, why didnt obi wan tell yoda using this army is not a good idea, they was made for a different purpose but they never really paid that any mind in the movie whatsoever... nor did they even find out the whole entire reason why jango fett was used as the template to create them.

they could have found out about the emperor in part 2 right there but george lucas lazy ass writing... :pacspit:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Episode I by far. Episode II had some serious flaws but was overall a dope movie to me, rank it below Jedi/TFA but they're in same boat - dope Star Wars movies but not necessary great films.

Episode I was :stopitslime:

That shyt needed like 4 more rewrites and George should've done some small movies before jumping back into the directors seat.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I just saw all 3 for the first time recently and I must say 1 & 2 are not worth watching at all. I still give the edge to Episode 1 because of the initial Jar Jar shock...he never stops in that movie..

3 has some cheese moments but it's an enjoyable film and has a lot of good action and some of the more emotional moments of the entire franchise albeit backstory.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what's crazy about the prequels is that while these two really did suck they had some great stuff in them....

Darth Maul... some of the podracing, we got to see the jedi council, mace windu,

in the second one we got to meet boba fett, the clone army, sexy padme in that white suit....

The thing that irks the shyt outta me the most is the whole clone army shyt that obi wan found out... the whole scenario fukks my mind over and over..... :mindblown: like you find out a dead jedi master by the name of sifo dias requisitioned the clone army, but he's dead, and been dead so why was the army made, was it syfo dias? or was it someone else pretending to be him for nefarious purposes, why didnt obi wan tell yoda using this army is not a good idea, they was made for a different purpose but they never really paid that any mind in the movie whatsoever... nor did they even find out the whole entire reason why jango fett was used as the template to create them.

they could have found out about the emperor in part 2 right there but george lucas lazy ass writing... :pacspit:

Real talk, I wanted to include III in the poll but I know that movie still has it's stans. Even in III though they had so many chances to catch that dude.

Anakin doesn't notice any red flags when this dude is pushing him like crazy to straight murk Dooku in the beginning :mindblown:
(Speaking of whom, did Dooku know Palpatine was going to betray him? If so, what was stopping him from spilling the beans like "well screw you then :pacspit:"?)

Why wasn't Anakin even a little bit suspicious when Palpatine was trying so hard to get him to leave the collapsing ship to not take five seconds to pick up the unconscious Obi Wan?

Or when Palpatine is telling him that the Dark side isn't so bad, and all these dubious stories about sith lords, etc. Dude knows a little too much :patrice:

The Jedi/Senate could have done blood tests on everyone and found Palpatine in two seconds :mindblown:

The Jedi could have used better sense and tried to arrest him in broad daylight-- either he goes quietly or murks the Jedi, but exposes himself in the process :mindblown:

Palpatine vows to continue the war as long as Grievous is alive but then immediately tells the Jedi where he is after so they can go murk him :mindblown:

How do none of the other Jedi notice all of this suspect stuff happening? :mindblown:

And if the Dark side was diminishing the Jedi's ability to use the force, was it Palpatine's influence? Then why didn't they come to their senses when they were millions of miles away on other planets like :ohhh: I get it now :wow:

I know III is more liked than the first two, but it's still trash compared to the originals IMO. Yeah, the Ewoks were corny and Boba Fett went out like kind of a punk, but the rest of Return of the Jedi was gold. Luke bossed up like crazy, Jabba the Hutt was classic, the speeder bike chase was legit, Vader redeemed himself in the end, and everything came full circle in the end to a satisfying conclusion. Not as good as 4 and 5 but still a great movie.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Real talk, I wanted to include III in the poll but I know that movie still has it's stans. Even in III though they had so many chances to catch that dude.

Anakin doesn't notice any red flags when this dude is pushing him like crazy to straight murk Dooku in the beginning :mindblown:
(Speaking of whom, did Dooku know Palpatine was going to betray him? If so, what was stopping him from spilling the beans like "well screw you then :pacspit:"?)

Why wasn't Anakin even a little bit suspicious when Palpatine was trying so hard to get him to leave the collapsing ship to not take five seconds to pick up the unconscious Obi Wan?

Or when Palpatine is telling him that the Dark side isn't so bad, and all these dubious stories about sith lords, etc. Dude knows a little too much :patrice:

The Jedi/Senate could have done blood tests on everyone and found Palpatine in two seconds :mindblown:

The Jedi could have used better sense and tried to arrest him in broad daylight-- either he goes quietly or murks the Jedi, but exposes himself in the process :mindblown:

Palpatine vows to continue the war as long as Grievous is alive but then immediately tells the Jedi where he is after so they can go murk him :mindblown:

How do none of the other Jedi notice all of this suspect stuff happening? :mindblown:

And if the Dark side was diminishing the Jedi's ability to use the force, was it Palpatine's influence? Then why didn't they come to their senses when they were millions of miles away on other planets like :ohhh: I get it now :wow:

I know III is more liked than the first two, but it's still trash compared to the originals IMO. Yeah, the Ewoks were corny and Boba Fett went out like kind of a punk, but the rest of Return of the Jedi was gold. Luke bossed up like crazy, Jabba the Hutt was classic, the speeder bike chase was legit, Vader redeemed himself in the end, and everything came full circle in the end to a satisfying conclusion. Not as good as 4 and 5 but still a great movie.

3 shyts on 6 breh.

It's arguably the best Star Wars movie.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Episode 1 is the bigger disappointment, but Episode 2 is the shyttier movie
This is what I think. 1 sucked but I'd argue 2 was even more of a letdown. With episode 2 I remember everyone thinking "well they won't fukk this one up and they'll figure out the mistakes they made. And hey, this one is about the clone wars, so that should be cool." But 2 ended up being just as nonsensical as the first one and almost just as boring.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Ep 2 was kinda dope (imo). Mace windu, Yoda, Count Dooku, Anakin's emergence, Clones, Jango Fett, Jedi council.

Ep 1 was about as boring as Ep 4 to me. Shoulda just truncated that shyt and had him be a teenager later on in this film instead. Really wish it ended with the discovery of the clone army
and have Ep 2 focus more on the clone war itself.

Jar Jar binks makes Ep 1 the worst star wars movie by default tho. He has no redeeming qualities other than being a bumbling idiot. And im pretty sure he's modern day, CGI black face.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Both are terrible. Hilarious and sad that Lucas felt Jar Jar was the "key" to episode I being a success. What was he thinking?

That video of them watching the first cut before release says it all. Lucas knew he fukked up. Terrible writing.