"Start a business" posters get in here

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I've seen people who have heavily promoted starting a business on here tell people that their issues are linked to not running a business. When these same people are asked to drop knowledge about business (like wheres lucrative, where to start, important considerations and tips) they mention buzzwords or dont answer at all

The only ones putting people on economic game like that outisde of HL that are as follows:

@Sagat in his business AMA
The ecommerce thread
The Official E-Commerce/Website Business Advice Thread

Both had GEMS; the ecommerce thread is my 3rd favorite thread on the entire forum, but thats only 2 threads wtf?

If you want people to do it, guide the people who are interested instead of telling people to do it and then going ghost.

PeridotPuss

Levels on levels on levels ahead
Supporter
Daps
Probably need more info on finishing and maintaining a business....

Starting one isn't hard....turning a profit, managing the finances, taxes and other laws, and providing a product/service with some longevity is really the trick. ...

A business plan, an LLC and a website/blog does not a business make

I'd say first step for those who are serious is get legitimately educated on owning a business and ensure your product/service will remain in demand

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
We're so wired from the classroom that we need step by step guidelines on some shyt that is unpredictable and changing constantly.... the business world changes everyday.... innovation happens everyday.... tips become outdated everyday.... I became a full time entrepreneur cause I became unemployed and sat in front of my laptop for 6 months and HAD to get creative.. I had time on my hands and HAD to get money....

This shyt is different for everyone... it's not like school or the workforce where people tell you do this and that and BAM, you're set for 30 years.... no ones gonna hold your hand in this shyt and even if they do, it all depends on your smarts and work ethic and timing that determines your success....

The safe route comes with step by step guidelines but in exchange for that safety and security, you'll never have freedom or true wealth to empower yourself and those around you... this shyt ain't set up for the everyday man to just come up.... you either made for it or not ... we're groomed to be employees, so to pursue entrepreneurship , you'd have to naturally be wired for it... that's how I feel

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
If you don't have the start up capitol don't bother. Stop letting broke people preach to you about entrepreneurship. The best entrepreneurs have jobs that helped them achieve seed money. Starting a business is pointless with anything less than 100k. You need to pay taxes on your business at the end of the year so why put yourself in a situation where you owe like 3k if you don't got it like that?

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
I have an LLC...all you do is go to your state gov't website...

starting a business is hard...not very rewarding...but it's better than the working for someone else...

How you get an internet radio station?

Bought a website name from a domain registrar.

I built a website using a site builder that is remotely hosted

I use Shoutcast, it's an application that allows you to program and stream media via the internet, and I have servers it is hosted on.

S-Corp, C-Corp, or LLC your business to protect yourself from lawsuits. You can get it done in Legal Zoom for a couple hundred.

peppe

Superstar
Daps
If you don't have the start up capitol don't bother. Stop letting broke people preach to you about entrepreneurship. The best entrepreneurs have jobs that helped them achieve seed money. Starting a business is pointless with anything less than 100k. You need to pay taxes on your business at the end of the year so why put yourself in a situation where you owe like 3k if you don't got it like that?

No you don't you can start selling on amazon or Shopify with 20k and be at 6 figures at the end of 2017 when done right

TL15

Veteran
Daps
What kind of general business information would you like? Legal information (how to start an LLC, what you need to get started, etc.) or idea information (what's lucrative, what to do in your area, etc.)

The two pieces of advice I would lend are:

Start with a passion
or
Fulfill a need

I know it sounds cheesy but the best way to get into business is either do something you love and are passionate about (so that when you see little reward in the beginning you will still love what you are doing) or fulfill a need (if there isn't a "fresh juice bar" in your area, think about opening one).

It's not simple and there isn't one way of going about it. You need to be decisive and START rather than just seeking advice from others.

If you don't know what kind of business you would start, become an independent contractor of some sort and learn a skill. If you become someone who can mow lawns, you can turn it into a business. Become a plumber and you can turn it into a business. Learn how to fix cell phones and turn it into a business.

I'd love to try my best and give any advice I can :salute:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
No you don't you can start selling on amazon or Shopify with 20k and be at 6 figures at the end of 2017 when done right

Online though. That's still 5 figures at least either way. Anything less isn't worth it to waste 3k come tax time.