State your unpopular comic book character opinion

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I don't like Deadpool. I liked him in the early 90's when he made his debut and was just a mercenary who cracked jokes. When they started doing the fourth wall breaking and having him appear in everything my opinion changed.

Batman is too powerful. Batman is my favorite superhero of all time but I don't like how they've made him this God level hero. Up until the late 90's he was the shyt but now they're over doing it with the prep time BS.

Wolverine is on some God level tier. The way he was written up until probably the mid 90's his healing factor had its limits and he could be killed but now dude can regrow limbs, survive nukes, etc.

I think the X-Men movies have been some of the best comic book movies ever made.

I hate Damien (Batman's son). I was hoping they would retconned him out of existence when they did the New 52.

Jason Todd should have stayed dead. I like Red Hood but to me having Todd dead was a constant failure over Bruce’s head that I loved.

Bucky should have stayed dead. See Jason Todd above.

I think the big two companies should do massive reboots of their universe every 20-25 years. Some of these characters have existed for over 50 years and way too much continuity.

Wasn't a big fan of Spectacular Spider-Man. I preferred the 90's show even though it hasn't aged well.

Not hating but the bolded is the reason I think the Big 2 stay in existence. Its part of the appeal of comics, the fact its an ongoing story for however many decades. Tons of indy books have their run and then end, but hero comics are about the the life of the characters and I appreciate that.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Shazam is 10x as interesting as any character in comic lore outside of comics and is easily the most poorly used and leaving-money-on-the-table property in media arguably.

That sounds hyperbolic but he is superman but a KID and you could basically have a superhero series with harry potter type fantasy and magic and fun...they should've promoted him for the past fifteen years..

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Shazam is 10x as interesting as any character in comic lore outside of comics and is easily the most poorly used and leaving-money-on-the-table property in media arguably.

That sounds hyperbolic but he is superman but a KID and you could basically have a superhero series with harry potter type fantasy and magic and fun...they should've promoted him for the past fifteen years..

I honestly never understood this either. Shazam is like the ultimate kid fantasy and they could sell so much damn kid merch of the Marvel family it's ridiculous.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
hank pym is one of the best, complex characters in capes, that never gets the respect hes due. writers shyt on dude that wrote characters that did worse.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

He was arguably the most popular mainstream hero who was not batman and superman when I was a kid.
Yet when dc hit the rails and forgot how to really market shyt to kids.
Instead of trying to be batman Adam west campy.
They just plain ol forgot about shazam.

He was called shazam because he was so popular nobody could remember he was really captain marvel.
It is just dc has no idea what the fukk they are really doing.
Plus real talk, if no frank miller.
there is no feather in their cap to revive dc.
So dc is just lucky that miller came and created the dark knight.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
hank pym is one of the best, complex characters in capes, that never gets the respect hes due. writers shyt on dude that wrote characters that did worse.

He lost favor when marvel tried to get to real and was abusive to the wasp.
Imo, pym is more compelling than iron man.
It is just iron man was a drunk jerk and was never written like a bytch like pym was.
Marvel hides from pym's background because of the wasp maritial abuse.
Imo, I wish they would make west coast avengers because. Before Byrne came around wca was way better than regular avengers and the cast was better put together and more mature because a lot of them were couples and their content about their personal lives was adult themed.
So as a kid I really got locked into those characters till John Byrne ruined it all. By making scarlet witch into this thing way past what she should be and effectively ruined marvel as well.
It was cool to read about:

Wonder man/tigra/pym triangle : Wonder man is a real Hollywood superhero but has females and tigra plays it back and forth between pym and wonder man
Hawkeye and mockingbird who are my favorite all time comic couple and my main attraction to the book was Hawkeye and his girl. Like flint and ladyjaye.
Wasp and pym are on alternate teams and alternate coast.
As, pym could get his ass kicked by even talking to wasp by an east coast avenger.
Vision and scarlet witch : Next to spidey mj, imo it was the best feel good couple in marvel.
Till Byrne came and ruined it and west coast avengers and marvel was never the same.

West coast avengers should be made into a movie.
along with power pack for kids as marvel properties that should be made into a film

Art Barr

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
He lost favor when marvel tried to get to real and was abusive to the wasp.
Imo, oym is more compelling than iron man.
It is just iron man was a drunk jerk and was never written like a bytch like pym was.
Marvel hides from pym's background because of the wasp maritial abuse.
Imo, I wish they would make west coast avengers because. Before Byrne came around wca was way better than regular avengers and the cast was better put together and more mature because a lot of them were couples and their content about their personal lives was adult themed.
So as a kid I really got locked into those characters till John Byrne ruined it all. By making scarlet witch into this thing way past what she should be and effectively ruined marvel as well.

Art Barr

he wasnt abusive to janet. he had a mental lapse with being tricked into marriage when he wasnt mentally there, and trying to be seen as a hero again. he didnt lash out at janet specifically. had the hulk or thor been there, he would have done the same thing. and they never make him forget that he hit jan. ever. his own people have come out against him for that, when they all have done fukked up shyt. it seems the only characters that side with the dude are the ones that are similarly fukked up. hes created womens clinics and all sorts of shyt trying to make up for what he did to janet when he wasnt even in control. but despite being shyt on by clowns who shouldnt have anything to say like stark, carol, osborn, and clint, hes still out there trying to make a difference. he turned that chicken shyt that was the initiative into avengers acadamy.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
he wasnt abusive to janet. he had a mental lapse with being tricked into marriage when he wasnt mentally there, and trying to be seen as a hero again. he didnt lash out at janet specifically. had the hulk or thor been there, he would have done the same thing. and they never make him forget that he hit jan. ever. his own people have come out against him for that, when they all have done fukked up shyt. it seems the only characters that side with the dude are the ones that are similarly fukked up. hes created womens clinics and all sorts of shyt trying to make up for what he did to janet when he wasnt even in control. but despite being shyt on by clowns who shouldnt have anything to say like stark, carol, osborn, and clint, hes still out there trying to make a difference. he turned that chicken shyt that was the initiative into avengers acadamy.

as a kid, i never knew the full background on his experiments.
so, reading the marvel handbook was a bit detailed for me as a kid.
plus, mad adult themed.
so the mentions and content when it got a bit heavy.
i can admiti i was never dialed into the full detail and since he was powerless but getting back a bit of his antman powers here and there. i just knew he was there, but he was no prof x. he was arguably forge before forge was written in as a chief xmen engineer.
pym kinda paved the way for me to accept forge .
when i went to find out why pym was ostracized.
past just ultron and pym's feeling about ultron and what damage ultron caused.
so, thanks for filling me in on why he actually hit wanda/wasp.

the way it was told back then, he was made into being a complete a$$hole and stark, rodgers were definately on some when i see him imma fukk him up for wanda type shyt.

so, that whole issue was kinda taboo, writing then.

i am remembering this from what i read like close to thirty years ago or so.
what i remember is pym was ostracized for the abuse to wanda.

i had no idea he was caught up in his experiments.
i thought it was more collateral damage from ultron and pym acting out that psycho personality.
that ultron employs from pym's programming based on pym psychologically..

imo, he is an excellent compelling character.
that got hosed in the avengers movie mythos as far as who he is and who stark is not.
although, the ultron is made by stark movie magic rewrite was done well enough.
when, typically i don't like re-writes for film from the source material.
yet, with marvel i have learned to accept.
marvel/disney, won't ever really make these movies as good as the source material or fully about the source, either.
they have done an okay job amalgamating it so i just go to see what they will change.
that is more the intrigue for me when i go see a comic movie now.
to see if their amalgamation and changes work or fail.

art barr.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
as a kid, i never knew the full background on his experiments.
so, reading the marvel handbook was a bit detailed for me as a kid.
plus, mad adult themed.
so the mentions and content when it got a bit heavy.
i can admiti i was never dialed into the full detail and since he was powerless but getting back a bit of his antman powers here and there. i just knew he was there, but he was no prof x. he was arguably forge before forge was written in as a chief xmen engineer.
pym kinda paved the way for me to accept forge .
when i went to find out why pym was ostracized.
past just ultron and pym's feeling about ultron and what damage ultron caused.
so, thanks for filling me in on why he actually hit wanda/wasp.

the way it was told back then, he was made into being a complete a$$hole and stark, rodgers were definately on some when i see him imma fukk him up for wanda type shyt.

so, that whole issue was kinda taboo, writing then.

i am remembering this from what i read like close to thirty years ago or so.
what i remember is pym was ostracized for the abuse to wanda.

i had no idea he was caught up in his experiments.
i thought it was more collateral damage from ultron and pym acting out that psycho personality.
that ultron employs from pym's programming based on pym psychologically..

imo, he is an excellent compelling character.
that got hosed in the avengers movie mythos as far as who he is and who stark is not.
although, the ultron is made by stark movie magic rewrite was done well enough.
when, typically i don't like re-writes for film from the source material.
yet, with marvel i have learned to accept.
marvel/disney, won't ever really make these movies as good as the source material or fully about the source, either.
they have done an okay job amalgamating it so i just go to see what they will change.
that is more the intrigue for me when i go see a comic movie now.
to see if their amalgamation and changes work or fail.

art barr.

pym is bipolar. it explains why he has such strong up and downswings. what gets me with him, is that he isnt bound to the same rules of everyone in the universe. stark is an alcoholic, has betrayed his friends more than a few times, has killed a younger version of himself, and willingly worked with kang, and its all water under the bridge. pete manhandles a then pregnant mary jane, and it might as well have never happened. reed and stark had even hands in getting a fellow avenger killed and not only does noone seem to care, most probably cant even remember who the dead avenger is, especially given the level of disrespect shown in his sendoff. pym did this decades ago, and its the only thing they can talk about when it comes to him.

but what really fukked him up in the face of the public was the ultimates. millar took the event, and ramped it up to 11. where in 616 pym accidentally hit jan, ult pym was slapping the shyt out of her, and even torturing her. so now when people see pym, they see that. and being who he is, he takes it all on himself and tries to swallow it like a bitter pill, but it just comes out in other ways. and people ride on the ult hank being the same person as the one we know, and they use that to shyt on the character without reading a page. the character to me feels like of all characters that have had low points in their existence, to really need a shot. i hate seeing characters i like constantly get shyt on, and hes the number one marvel bullseye. i admit i was pissed when they made him old in the movie. it felt like bullshyt to avoid his history, when we dont have to worry about starks history getting in the way, and i came around suprised at how much douglas captured pyms essence

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
pym is bipolar. it explains why he has such strong up and downswings. what gets me with him, is that he isnt bound to the same rules of everyone in the universe. stark is an alcoholic, has betrayed his friends more than a few times, has killed a younger version of himself, and willingly worked with kang, and its all water under the bridge. pete manhandles a then pregnant mary jane, and it might as well have never happened. reed and stark had even hands in getting a fellow avenger killed and not only does noone seem to care, most probably cant even remember who the dead avenger is, especially given the level of disrespect shown in his sendoff. pym did this decades ago, and its the only thing they can talk about when it comes to him.

but what really fukked him up in the face of the public was the ultimates. millar took the event, and ramped it up to 11. where in 616 pym accidentally hit jan, ult pym was slapping the shyt out of her, and even torturing her. so now when people see pym, they see that. and being who he is, he takes it all on himself and tries to swallow it like a bitter pill, but it just comes out in other ways. and people ride on the ult hank being the same person as the one we know, and they use that to shyt on the character without reading a page. the character to me feels like of all characters that have had low points in their existence, to really need a shot. i hate seeing characters i like constantly get shyt on, and hes the number one marvel bullseye. i admit i was pissed when they made him old in the movie. it felt like bullshyt to avoid his history, when we dont have to worry about starks history getting in the way, and i came around suprised at how much douglas captured pyms essence

Pym is an excellent character, when not made the fall guy.
even in the wca.
As a kid, when he was portrayed in the doghouse and over the hill or a liability in action.
Pym was always portrayed to have some semblance of responsibility and remorse for everything from Wanda to ultron.
Similar to Connors as the lizard in Spiderman.
Imo, since ultron was so powerful I feel the characters in avengers were made to hate him by simple connection.
Plus, the fact ultron's evil psyche I believe is supposed to exactly be a derivative of pym's.
So, imo I feel the narrative on the character in the universe and even fans has been swayed to always shyt on pym.
To the point, the way the avengers movie handled ultron being from stark was written from a perspective.
that stark would never get the vitriol that pym did in the mags.
Even in civilwar the movie stark is treated better than pym was alternatively in the mags.

Art Barr

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Pym is an excellent character, when not made the fall guy.
even in the wca.
As a kid, when he was portrayed in the doghouse and over the hill or a liability in action.
Pym was always portrayed to have some semblance of responsibility and remorse for everything from Wanda to ultron.
Similar to Connors as the lizard in Spiderman.
Imo, since ultron was so powerful I feel the characters in avengers were made to hate him by simple connection.
Plus, the fact ultron's evil psyche I believe is supposed to exactly be a derivative of pym's.
So, imo I feel the narrative on the character in the universe and even fans has been swayed to always shyt on pym.
To the point, the way the avengers movie handled ultron being from stark was written from a perspective.
that stark would never get the vitriol that pym did in the mags.
Even in civilwar the movie stark is treated better than pym was alternatively in the mags.

Art Barr

whats gonna be telling though, is if hanks daughter starts acting like him, will she get the same flack that he does. and they are really trying to make janet not worth shyt