Stone G.O.A.T On Reigns Being Exposed At Mania

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
On the latest edition of “The Steve Austin Show”, which you can listen to in full at PodcastOne.com, and below is what Austin had to say on Roman Reigns’ WresteMania 32 match somewhat exposing the WWE World Champion:

“You’re trying to make Roman Reigns. I don’t think you make him in a 28-minute chess match. This match needed to be all about excitement, explosion, and testosterone out of Roman and that’s how I think they should have booked it. Making Roman Reigns work this long exposed more holes in his game than we’ve already known that exist.”

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's getting tiring discussing Luger at this point, everything Austin said is correct tho. Dude doesn't need to be working 20+ minute matches because he isn't that type of wrestler and can't keep the crowd into it that long.

Should've just gave him the Goldberg/Samoa Joe/Ryback undefeated push from the start if you wanted a new top babyface

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
i mean, if you remember Roman was always the hot-tag in the Shield.

He came in, did his thing and closed out matches. He's a Lambo/Ferrari...not a Cadillac.

His facial expressions when selling are still amateur level and that doesn't help his matches tell a story.

Personally, I like the guy, but HATE his character direction & booking. He needs to be a heel and have 12-15 min matches. Vince just needs to suck up his hopes of Roman being an immediate cash-merch cow like Cena and let it happen naturally.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Roman has to kick ass and do it a lot. The slow comeback style is not what he should be doing at all.
he's being built up like another Triple H project....he wrestles the same boring drawn out match that Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista, and Sheamus all wrestle...except those guys can at least make it interesting at times.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
he's being built up like another Triple H project....he wrestles the same boring drawn out match that Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista, and Sheamus all wrestle...except those guys can at least make it interesting at times.

I'm still :mindblown: at people in this board still thinking that's the case but still liking a lot of Reigns matches.

Yes, the WM main event was way too long and didn't work at all. But dude has enough good-to-great matches with enough different opponents for me to draw the conclusion he can do good work as a babyface in the ring (we all agree his character work is mostly garbage).

Stone Cold was spot on about Wrestlemania. Once again Triple H failed to realize the crowd needed another type of match but whatever. Reigns can work a very good comeback if he's wrestling a dude that can get heel heat and work a good control section - Hunter tried to do that, but those fans were not going to buy into it no matter what, I was wrong thinking they would tbh - so miss me with the "he can't work this type of matches".

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
At first Austin used to c/status him talking about his look and eventually he would be money with a few patches. But now the backlash is so loud...he thinks that heel run needs to go down for him to speak to the fans in the right way.

Reigns sounded shook a little bit during that face off with AJ on Raw.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

I think that's just the WWE main event style that they have stuck to since 02. But your point is right nonetheless.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, put the blame on Roman, not that fossilized bulk of steroids carried around on a bunch of shaky quads called Triple H. Are we gonna ignore that Trips' match against Dean at Roadblock was just as bad? In fact, how the hell did Ziggler on Raw end up having the best match out of the three Trips wrestled? :why: