STOP READING AN ENGLISH BIBLE BREHS

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Its known that some human beings will exploit every avenue to deceive others for power.
Jesus never spoke English. I personally refuse to accept translations of his message. If you dont have the Aramaec scripts then I'm skeptical and wont accept it except with a grain of salt....like 1000 grains.
Only read things in the original language. That's Arabic for the Koran and Hebrew for the Old testament. It is the only way to get some semblance of the truth of that time.
Why are you reading an English old/new testament bible! English wasnt invented until centuries after Jesus died.
At best it is inaccurate. At worst it is a forgery.

Here is an example in my opinion of inaccuracy, making the rounds in the news:

First solar eclipse ever recorded 'took place more than 3,000 years ago'

Modern English translations, which follow the King James translation of 1611, usually interpret this text to mean that the sun and moon stopped moving,” he said.

“But going back to the original Hebrew text, we determined that an alternative meaning could be that the sun and moon just stopped doing what they normally do: they stopped shining.”

This is just one scientific based example but the same trend follows with every aspect of religious texts.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The p*ssybrew sissyraelites would disagree.

Most jews( real jews, not all these reformed jews ) that i've heard from do not take the translations of the old testament (and the entirety of the new testament ) seriously at all. Its the hebrew version only. Which i co sign because that makes decent sense.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
:picard:

you went there.
I'm personally uncomfortable with a book that says you can rape someone's daughter, pay them and it's all good, and that slavery is permitted, and talking snakes.
One does not require a book that has been edited countless times through the centuries to live virtuously.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm personally uncomfortable with a book that says you can rape someone's daughter, pay them and it's all good, and that slavery is permitted, and talking snakes.
One does not require a book that has been edited countless times through the centuries to live virtuously.

I have to agree with the bolded part 100%. Thats pure facts.

On the non bolded parts though, if the book does indeed state that, i would be very uncomfortable with it as well. I just want to get a little deeper into it though.....

There is a dark side to humanity. I wish it wasnt there but it is there. from our current perspective as decent human beings, Women get shytted on throughout history. It happened in the past, it is happening in the present and it will happen in the future. Call it the curse of humanity, or just call it humanity. i dont know. Maybe misoginy is just the natural state of things. Men shyt on and mistreat women. It feels like that's just the way it is. Im yet to understand why. it makes me uncomfortable to even think of accepting it but thats where i am right now. Donald trump abused tonnes of white women and yet they voted for him. WHY. Part of me feels like this is just who we are. Im not defending it, im just saying maybe the truth is just ugly sometimes. For decent people like me and you we will always be uncomfortable with this, but if there is a higher being watching us all from a plane of higher existence, his views are going to be different. i understand that. When i was a kid i hated my dad for sending me to bed at 8pm. Now i get why. he wanted me to get a good nights rest. I wanted to watch TV. He had a different perspective that i coulndt understand back then.

Slavery too has always existed in the past throughout civiliations,and it exists today and it will exist in the future. (I always like to differentiate slavery though because not all slavery is the same. Slaves in middle Africa could work hard, free themselves, rise up the social strata and even eventually marry the daughter of their slaveowners. It was purely economic and as a result of warring nations. But the slaves had the power to change. There was no racism, no emotional oppression, no caste system, Slavery in America was pure evil. It wasnt just economic, evil white people sought to ruin men's spirit and thoroughly destroy every aspect of their psyche and community.) Hell people that work 9-5 at walmart and mickey Ds can be called slaves. Maybe thats just who we are and maybe thats what the book is alluding to. Again it makes me uncomfortable to think this way but I dont expect the truth of this world to be acceptable to my delicate sensibilities all the time. There is gonna be some harsh shyt.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
As for the talking snakes....well......i might be reaching but.... Snakes do talk. We call it hissing but another snake would probably understand it as communication. Maybe one day we will develop technology to communicate with animals. You never know.

I JUST WANNA SAY I LOVE WOMEN AND I HAVE A WIFE AND DAUGHTER. AND I AM AGAINST ANY FORM OF SLAVERY. IM JUST THINKING OUT LOUD HERE aND PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE. DONT HATE ME>

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
I thought the same thing after I changed my major to religion in college. I took Hebrew for a semester with the intent to start learning it so I could read the original OT eventually. Wanted to learn Greek for the same reason to read the NT. Never pursued it after that first semester.

On another note regarding the incorrect interpretation of the original text, I remember my Hebrew teacher telling the class that in the story of Mary washing Jesus' feet, the word we are told is "feet" in English is actually "testicles" in Hebrew. I knew what he was getting at. I laughed but I remember a couple of brehs getting offending and walking out. The same happened the semester before ij another class he taught when he suggested the NT illustrated Jesus was a pimp.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How different is the religion if you practice it in the original language?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There are exact Hebrew to English translations out there

I know Reggie white was getting into it before he croaked

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I thought the same thing after I changed my major to religion in college. I took Hebrew for a semester with the intent to start learning it so I could read the original OT eventually. Wanted to learn Greek for the same reason to read the NT. Never pursued it after that first semester.

On another note regarding the incorrect interpretation of the original text, I remember my Hebrew teacher telling the class that in the story of Mary washing Jesus' feet, the word we are told is "feet" in English is actually "testicles" in Hebrew. I knew what he was getting at. I laughed but I remember a couple of brehs getting offending and walking out. The same happened the semester before ij another class he taught when he suggested the NT illustrated Jesus was a pimp.

TESTICLES? :merchant:

How different is the religion if you practice it in the original language?

Very different. Remember how Jesus walked on water? Someone told me the actual meaning is he walked by the water.
It changes everything. A big question in monotheistic religions is whether Jesus is a divine being or whether he was just a prophet, a mortal man. Because we have no first hand accounts of when he was actually alive, I believe other people have taken liberties with the truth and have made it seem like he was divine for alterior motives. Personally I think he was a dark skinned palestinian man and I have no reason to think otherwise other than accounts from people who never met him in languages he never spoke or knew of.

There are exact Hebrew to English translations out there

I know Reggie white was getting into it before he croaked

:whoo: I still think it's best to learn Hebrew.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
https://www.biblestudytools.com/ylt/

TESTICLES? :merchant:

Very different. Remember how Jesus walked on water? Someone told me the actual meaning is he walked by the water.
It changes everything. A big question in monotheistic religions is whether Jesus is a divine being or whether he was just a prophet, a mortal man. Because we have no first hand accounts of when he was actually alive, I believe other people have taken liberties with the truth and have made it seem like he was divine for alterior motives. Personally I think he was a dark skinned palestinian man and I have no reason to think otherwise other than accounts from people who never met him in languages he never spoke or knew of.

:whoo: I still think it's best to learn Hebrew.

King Jae

Banned
Daps
:jbhmm:...sure if someone teaches me Amharic or sumn...they got a Rosetta Stone for that...if not got alot on my plate to be worried bout translations..all the bible is a philosophy book that ppl base their lives off of...ex: 10 commandments...they are just laws of good karma in correspondence to the universe...u don't want no one to steal from u...don't steal from others...one of the biggest lessons is reciprocity...all actions have consequences...

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was an entire story attached to Jesus walking on water. Peter tried to walk on water also. Even had them battling a storm while out to sea. I guess that entire story is wrong.