Streaming Deals for the beginning of 2018

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Tidal: 12 days free sub. No credit card required I used a fake email and got a 12 day hifi trial. Not long but should get you over til January 1

Spotify: 3 months premium for $0.99. Also can lock in a year long premium sub for $99 (12 months for the price of 10)
Music for everyone.
https://www.spotify.com/us/yearly/
Amazon Music Unlimited: 3 months for $0.99. if you have an echo you can get music unlimited for $3.99 a month. Prime members get some free music automatically but the catalogue isn't as deep

Google Play Music: 4 months trial for new subscribers. Requires credit card or enough Google play credit but can be cancelled immediately without losing the trial. Also gets you YouTube red for 4 months which is ad free in the app

Apple Music I don't know anything about. They might have some kind of trial ymmv

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
My 3 months of tidal are about to run out. Time to get those 4 months of Apple Music.

Also Google Play let's you upload and stream up to 10,000 songs for free. That's where I put all my mixtape, freestyles, and unrealeased music

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
If you got a Groupon account you can get either Tidal for 3 months free and Apple music for 4 months free

Apparently the Apple Music 4 month trial expired. Also I can't find the tidal Groupon so if you don't mind sharing a link to it...

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Buy your music in bundles breh :snoop:

I love music but no way in hell I'm gonna pay a subscribtion fee for music..

I didn't even like having a Sirius subscription..

I feel sowwy for these Artists :sadcam:

I'm spreading the word on free trials and shyt breh relax. I didn't tell people to stop maintaining their own collection on the side :mjpls:

Nice lil Christmas gifts for the coli wolves :obama:

Besides all these guys do is waste money on drugs and strippers, they good for it :troll:

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
When internet illegal downloading first became a thing, NOBODY gave a fukk about "pay the artists" cuz it was a dope way of getting music.

but now yall old as fukk and dont understand a much better,safer way of consuming music, and its "bah!! fukk streaming, pay the artists!!"

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I'm spreading the word on free trials and shyt breh relax. I didn't tell people to stop maintaining their own collection on the side :mjpls:

Nice lil Christmas gifts for the coli wolves :obama:

Besides all these guys do is waste money on drugs and strippers, they good for it :troll:

breh i have NO ISSUE at all with you showing love especially on Xmas :whoa:

by all means share....

my issue is with the streaming services themselves ...as a former artist's manager and indy internet radio show programmer ...

i have a deep conflict almost personal with this whole "NETFLIXing" of the music

when u personally know artists who poured thier blood sweat and tears into thier work only for it to be packaged at bulk rate via Google Play it disturbs me

because it was google play that had my artist's work out there and we have been at odds trying to find the paper trail on what little royalties it might have generated because google ain't too much concerned with the royalty payouts.....

its frustrating :noah:

i can't sit there and generalize every other artist as wasting thier revenue on drugs and byatches..

i know for certain my artist along with myself was planning to use the revnue to invest back into the brand ....

but hey mane it is what it is........ merry christmas!

When internet illegal downloading first became a thing, NOBODY gave a fukk about "pay the artists" cuz it was a dope way of getting music.

but now yall old as fukk and dont understand a much better,safer way of consuming music, and its "bah!! fukk streaming, pay the artists!!"

yes and i'll admit when i was younger i was one of them....

but when u play on the "other side of the fence" as an independent artist manager you see how FUKKED UP THIS IS.....

and for the record ...downloading wasn't as big of a threat to artists revenue as what these streaming services are doing in cahoots with the labels

artists back when i was downloading where always able to offset alot of loss revenue with the fact that retail Physical sales of cds were still a prominent factor as well as non taxed mixtape dough...

as well as show money and merch cause at that time the 360 deal had yet to become the industry standard that it is now...

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

nikka it wasn’t a dope way of getting musics; it was a free way of getting music lol. A lot of us came up on the era where we were used to buying cds, so once we were able to dl for free shyt changed the game. Especially if you the younger you were cause you didn’t have to ask parents for money. So when streaming came out, a good amount of people who came up in the Napster era refused to pay for that shyt off principle. I was like that. I’m a savvy internet user and had been downloading free musif for years. Why pay to stream when I’m downloading nikkas whole discographies in high quality?

Now I stream. Of course it’s much easier to manage a collection of music with a streaming service and the ease of access is a clear advantage as well. But the main reason why I stream is cause I only pay $4.99 a month for a student discount account on Tidal. I’m not even a student but it’s easy to finesse the verification system. Im “getting with the times” so to speak and it’s only $5 a month. It’s never been obout the money though; it’s principalities involved. I never gave a fukk either way about artist getting paid. That’s never been a moral dilemma for me.