Street Fighter V [PS4|PC].PSN/CFN ids in first post. Arcade Edtion out now!

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Zangief ultra is fukking trash
They put no effort into these shyts
It's pretty bad when his specials shyt on his critical :beli:

They could've had him taking cats to suplex city but nah, one regular suplex that he happens to drive you into the ground with :francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

They could've had him taking cats to suplex city but nah, one regular suplex that he happens to drive you into the ground with :francis:
Sad they got these so called street fighter pros advising but no one's telling them their super moves look like fukking shyt. Birdie got the best one and one of the only good ones really

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Sad they got these so called street fighter pros advising but no one's telling them their super moves look like fukking shyt. Birdie got the best one and one of the only good ones really
Good majority of these supers are just a totally jazzed up version of a special move. If it's gonna be like that then they need to add some more criticals :francis:
Gameplay's sick but these criticals are underwhelming

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Good majority of these supers are just a totally jazzed up version of a special move. If it's gonna be like that then they need to add some more criticals :francis:
Gameplay's sick but these criticals are underwhelming

Well, that's typically all Supers ever been for the SF series, usually. That's definitely how they started off. Super Fireball, Super Dragon Punch, Super Hurricane Kick, etc.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Just use your EXs then, they more useful anyway :manny:

I remember when SF4 dropped a lot of people complained about the ultra animations being too long, they complained about how much damage they did, and they crucified the "comeback" mechanic. Now we're getting a more traditional system back, so supers are going to be a lot less impressive now.

I think Bison has the best looking and most useful super, too bad they made my dawg a shyt character this go around

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just use your EXs then, they more useful anyway :manny:

I remember when SF4 dropped a lot of people complained about the ultra animations being too long, they complained about how much damage they did, and they crucified the "comeback" mechanic. Now we're getting a more traditional system back, so supers are going to be a lot less impressive now.

I think Bison has the best looking and most useful super, too bad they made my dawg a shyt character this go around

If by your dawg, you mean Bison is shyt, then you must be out your gotdamn mind crazy.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
If by your dawg, you mean Bison is shyt, then you must be out your gotdamn mind crazy.

I must be. I've seen nothing that indicates that Bison will be a viable character going forward in this game. No buttons (heavy kick is decent sometimes tho I guess :ld:), no real way to deal with pressure, low walkspeed, devil's reverse is much less viable so he can't navigate the screen which in combination with his nerfed pokes, he has a wack neutral game.

I get wins with him and I feel like anyone who's a smart player can win with anyone in this game. But I think as the game develops you won't see too many Bisons, he can't handle the Vegas, Karins and Rashids well

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I too was very critical of Zangief's ultra, but then I thought about the utility of it. I know one of the disadvantages for Gief in SF4 was that his Ultra took forever and a day to perform. Which in most cases isn't a problem but with time running out it takes away one of his most dangerous options.

With his new Ultra for 5 it delivers solid damage but only taking half the time to complete, therefore he's not as hampered in time sensitive situations.