Daps
I always thought Sunz of Man were one of the illest underappreciated groups of their time. As far as Wu-Affiliates go, I always preferred SOM over Killarmy (i'm a fan of both though).

They had incredible chemistry and versatility. They could hit you with the spiritual vibe, conscious route, battle rap, street sh*t, or even horrorcore (hell, they were arguably the originators of that style). And all of them shined whenever featured on other Wu projects (60 second on Cuban Linx and Supreme Clientele, KP on Liquid Swords, Hell Razah on Supreme Clientele, Prodigal Sunn on Beneath the Surface).

No Love Without Hate might be top 10 songs EVER for me.

This video brings back mad memories, funny seeing the VHS markings on this posting cuz I remember taping it off Rap City too, lol.

Daps
Props. I still have a VHS where i recorded videos offa rap city. I lent that tape to 9th Prince from killarmy lol...he still got my tape and the first book by rza.

No lie.

Sunz Of Man were the shyt

Yo, I still feel like slapping my older brother sometimes. He lost a tape of like 3hrs of old rap city interviews and videos I had over some dumb sh*t a few years ago before youtube really blew like that and I could upload them. Sh*t that i'm certain i'm the only person that on Earth that might have still had, lol. I'm talking old interviews and freestyles from Shabazz The Disciple, Jamal from Def Squad, Boot Camp, Mad Skillz, Souls of Mischief, Leaders of the New School, etc. I'm getting heated just thinking about it, lol.

Why would 9th Prince need to borrow a book that his own brother wrote though, lol?

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yo, I still feel like slapping my older brother sometimes. He lost a tape of like 3hrs of old rap city interviews and videos I had over some dumb sh*t a few years ago before youtube really blew like that and I could upload them. Sh*t that i'm certain i'm the only person that on Earth that might have still had, lol. I'm talking old interviews and freestyles from Shabazz The Disciple, Jamal from Def Squad, Boot Camp, Mad Skillz, Souls of Mischief, Leaders of the New School, etc. I'm getting heated just thinking about it, lol.

Why would 9th Prince need to borrow a book that his own brother wrote though, lol?

Lol word. Ima go look for my tape.

Matter fact he also got the first wu show dvd at rock the bells. Im sure he knew everything in that book...just didnt get a comp copy hahaha

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
9740089_orig.jpg

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Props. I still have a VHS where i recorded videos offa rap city. I lent that tape to 9th Prince from killarmy lol...he still got my tape and the first book by rza.

No lie.

Sunz Of Man were the shyt

So you lent a book by the rza to his younger brother...

Paki boy and his karachi folk tales.

No lie.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

I have few tapes ..

Im still looking fornthe audio of ..

New world poet -word a poet.

I saw this on rap city and never heard of it again.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
shame that label problems basically killed the group off, Priest was barely involved by the time they got Last Shall Be first finalized

they were hard to market i guess, the pro-black/conscious material had given way to more rugged lyrics by then. debut album and the 95-97 demos are still dope, i never got into Saviorz Day it just wasnt the same without Priest or Wu Element production