Super Mark Max Landis breaks down Miz v. Roman perfectly

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You don't think Miz is an antihero?

fits the trope (minus the beautiful wife)

expected to lose
lost for a while
built himself despite popular opinion (gives no fukks about protecting others :mjlol:)

and is enjoying the fruits of his labor despite the odds against him :ehh:

Not your typical anti-hero, when I think in the Austin, Sting, DDP, classic sense. Who were solo, kicked ass and were badass cool. Or Punk or Bryan who connected with the fans on a another level.

The thing I can say about Miz that fits him best, is to steal a word from one the anti-heroes I've already mentioned is Anomaly. I remember DDP using this in one of his promos vs Savage back in 97. Everything in Miz's background prior to being in the WWE no athletic pedigree and the politics that he has endured during the first half of his career, he really shouldn't have lasted as long as he did before he even got the title and then beating Cena at WM, who the hell thought that would of happened.

I will say tho, he wasn't really ready for the Main Event scene when he had the title and beat Cena, but he is fully ready now. And it's criminal that he hasn't had another World Title run, considering who has had the title since he last had it.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Have to admit Miz has come A LONG WAY. Dude started out as a host for Smackdown, went to ECW and reinvented himself, tagged with John Morrison, won the US belt. This was all in his first 5 years on the main roster.

He shouldn't have been the main event at WrestleMania 27 but besides that, he's good with me.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Not your typical anti-hero, when I think in the Austin, Sting, DDP, classic sense. Who were solo, kicked ass and were badass cool. Or Punk or Bryan who connected with the fans on a another level.

The thing I can say about Miz that fits him best, is to steal a word from one the anti-heroes I've already mentioned is Anomaly. I remember DDP using this in one of his promos vs Savage back in 97. Everything in Miz's background prior to being in the WWE no athletic pedigree and the politics that he has endured during the first half of his career, he really shouldn't have lasted as long as he did before he even got the title and then beating Cena at WM, who the hell thought that would of happened.

I will say tho, he wasn't really ready for the Main Event scene when he had the title and beat Cena, but he is fully ready now. And it's criminal that he hasn't had another World Title run, considering who has had the title since he last had it.

I've said it on here before. He should've been the one to dethrone Randy after Mania not Jinder. The Superstar Shakeup really screwed Miz in that case.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I've said it on here before. He should've been the one to dethrone Randy after Mania not Jinder. The Superstar Shakeup really screwed Miz in that case.

I agree, especially with AJ as face. The promos about moments, could easily be transferred from Cena/JJ/Roman on to Orton.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Have to admit Miz has come A LONG WAY. Dude started out as a host for Smackdown, went to ECW and reinvented himself, tagged with John Morrison, won the US belt. This was all in his first 5 years on the main roster.

He shouldn't have been the main event at WrestleMania 27 but besides that, he's good with me.

This is way I've never been totally against Miz, cause he's one of the rare guys today that had a traditional started from the bottom booking. Dude had an old school grind type build up til he cashed in his MITB. Scrapping on the bottom, gaining traction in lower level feuds, tag titles, secondary solo titles, then finally the World title. I can never be against him for that.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Creative have been money with Miz the past year, making him the "underdog" heel that has enough accolades at this point to prop him up to the "just below top guy" status.

He is actually the perfect type of guy to face tweeners like Cena and Reigns, since he's playing a heel, but the crowd still respects him enough to support him.