Super UNPOPULAR OPINION: Carter II is not a classic

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
Yall bugging, this shyt is a certified fukking classic. Along with C3, Wayne has 2 classic albums and arguably several classic mixtapes...

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I'll even take it a step further and say that the carter 3 is not a classic album either.:yeshrug:

And you couldn't tell me lil wayne was not the best rapper alive back in 07-09( sans lupe)

and at the time i thought it was damn near illmatic status. But looking back as an adult, the album was good, but not a classic.

Even in hiphop circles, it's hardly every mentioned these days despite how huge of an impact it had at the time.

Carter 3 isnt a classic. The only impact it really had was that it came during Waynes biggest momentum. Other than that it fizzled like i said it would back then!

That is the exact opposite of what happened to Reasonable Doubt. Had no initial impact, but by Jay becoming bigger in the game nikkas
grabbed it and listened, and becuz of the quality it got the status it has today.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only impact it really had was that it came during Waynes biggest momentum.

It was more than just the momentum. "A Milli" was huge. I still remember the unofficial remixes and freestyles over that beat. It literally had artists going to Bangladesh for something that sounded like that beat or an exact replica.

C3 is classic much like The Black Album is. The marked moments in time.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Carter 3 is a classic.

lol at nikkas tryna rewrite history

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
That Stankonia thread from earlier this week done opened the floodgates for hot takes like this lol
This places hip hop discussion is dead bro

I did it to discuss the album. Worked. I dont really think its trash lol. Its just def not a classic.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think anybody considers C2 a classic anyway

Wayne was never a classic albums artist. Wayne has classic verses and runs

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It was more than just the momentum. "A Milli" was huge. I still remember the unofficial remixes and freestyles over that beat. It literally had artists going to Bangladesh for something that sounded like that beat or an exact replica.

C3 is classic much like The Black Album is. The marked moments in time.
No the music on black album matches the moment

Carter 3 sucks

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
This places hip hop discussion is dead bro

I did it to discuss the album. Worked. I dont really think its trash lol. Its just def not a classic.

That’s cause registration is closed and we’re missing having new voices and perspectives on topics

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
Black Jesus; Stolen Tales
This for me is when Wayne stopped with the 'payin your dues' and 'come up' bullcrap and decided to take on the world. The thing with Wayne is that he puts out so much work and all his projects are so long. If your a true fan, it's good coz you get to have so many choices of songs you make your little Wayne albums. For casuals and critics though, it looks unfocused. Tha Carter III is his best song compilation during his peak run. But Carter II is conceptually his vest work.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Who tf even said it was a classic? I see that claim always being used for the first Carter

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You named 3 songs

3 songs is not classic album

And everyone ain't calling no damn Carter 2 a classic:mjlol:
He said name a song that would be in the top 20 of of all Wayne songs. Look at you not even reading or comprehending, dumbass.

Most people call it a classic hence why the thread title says unpopular opinion.