Support an Independent Book Publisher (for Black History Month)

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Good afternoon brehs and brehettes.

Now I don't want to bore you all with some gigantic spiel, but I am indie publisher of books [Darn Pretty Books]. I actually messaged a couple of coli brehs who have expressed interest in reading in the past, but this time I am creating a thread on it. I've spent the bulk of the last three years building an IP library of nine books since 2019. As my late mother used to say, I am working my dream on the side.

Anyway, the genres I distribute so far are Adult Thrillers and Space Operas (Sci-Fi Action Adventures). I'm not sure if anyone is interested, however, if you know people who are into escapist books and/or reading fiction that has a lot of subtle hints to today's world, please feel free to check the spoiler tags.

ETA:
If anyone wants to see all of the books we've published and read a sample without having to fork over any money, please take a look at this link from Google Books. The nine books are available to be previewed up to 20%.

inpublisher:"Darn Pretty Books" - Google Search

41Q+RO24ETL.jpg

Isiginali
Plot: A former South African soldier [turned freelance mercenary] is offered a curiously lucrative and dicey assignment to protect a person of interest for one night before the asset is arranged to be transferred to British Military intelligence.

59317356._SY475_.jpg

Mimema
Plot: When an enigmatic journalist begins investigating a powerful corporation touting its latest biotechnology based on neural regeneration; her discoveries lead her down a maddening trail of isolation; where regrettably, once the mind is lost, your life is certain to follow.

31zrCtaXIFL._SY346_.jpg

The Red Rover: Origins
Summary: In the distant future, seven teenage explorers, who have spent their entire lives in the blackness of space, embark on an epic journey of discovery and wonderment throughout our infinite universe, which will subsequently unlock the full potential of their minds, bodies and souls.
All seven books in the series can be found here:

51pqoh4fNpL._SY346_.jpg

The Yellow Rover: Bad Moon Rising
Summary: With the first unexplored planet designated for discovery finally upon them, Delly Moore and crew of the Yellow Rover are unceremoniously shown that this new world is not one that great civilizations are built on, but rather the kind that can leave them in ruins.

41ugwmdY-IL.jpg

The Red Rover: Clash of the Celestials
Summary: With their resources falling to critical levels, the Red Rover is compelled to land on a mysterious new planet to replenish them; where much to their collective surprise, the inhabitants of this world readily welcome them with open arms.

51wdRzqh3PL.jpg

The Yellow Rover: Aviatrix
Summary: As the minutes dwindle, so do the hopes of extracting the survivors left behind enemy lines along with it. The remaining members in space must formulate a new strategy for terrestrial engagement from an alien moon base; where alas—an even more dangerous enemy arises that looks awfully familiar.

51E7bTbApfS.jpg

The Red Rover: Frequency of Distress
Summary: Still intent on locating any surviving members of their Rover community, Marius and the cadets are ambushed by a band of space mercenaries, who steal and plunder their ship while selling them into servitude to an advanced alien civilization that needs their labor to re-gain control of their fallen kingdom.

51w6b5CysbL.jpg

The Red Rover: Contingence
Summary: Marius and the cadets set a course toward an uncharted world in search of survivors having finally located the whereabouts of a second Rover within the Genara star system; soon discovering that the only comfortable aspect of this mission is the arrival itself.

41m6GAjw80S.jpg

The Red Rover: Fulmination
Summary: Upon reuniting with a notable survivor from the crashed Rover, the members of the Red Rover are immediately plunged back into the depths of what they were desperately hoping to avoid—another fragmented world on the precipice of Armageddon.

I will admit that I rarely self-promote, however, in the spirit of the season, I figured I'd put it out there and see if anyone might be interested. If it's not for you, perhaps you know someone else who likes these kinds of stories. The Red Rover books in particular are suitable for teens and up. The rest are for adults.

Note: If you're not currently living in an English speaking country, my ebooks do sell for less in other nations, so a VPN could save you in some cases up to 50%.

Anyway, I appreciate any of you who might take the time to look at this or share it. For my native New Yorkers and folks in the tri-state area, the next Sloane Swinton book should be right up your alley. Wall Street fukkery, the Middle East, our nation's capital and a contract killer desperately trying to figure out her next move.

Be well.

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Never really been interested in space thematic entertainment just like forests they breed monotony. That said, I'll peep the Whitaker series and leave my thoughts somewhere.

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
The Space Operas written by black ppl, too?

And not the afro-futurist stuff, but legit hard sci-fi or sci-fantasy?

I included a photograph of the author. He has an instagram. Colin Farrell's former personal assistant. It's not afro-futurist. It's Harry Potter meets Star Trek.

qubsom27219g4tgjp03gujdooa._SX450_.jpg

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Never really been interested in space thematic entertainment just like forests they breed monotony. That said, I'll peep the Whitaker series and leave my thoughts somewhere.

If you have kids or pre-teens, the first book is something that's great for a bedtime read as well. If you peep, please let me know.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
If you have kids or pre-teens, the first book is something that's great for a bedtime read as well. If you peep, please let me know.

I'll read it and pass it onto my nephew when he puts the tiktok down

:francis:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Good afternoon brehs and brehettes.

Now I don't want to bore you all with some gigantic spiel, but I am indie publisher of books [Darn Pretty Books]. I actually messaged a couple of coli brehs who have expressed interest in reading in the past, but this time I am creating a thread on it. I've spent the bulk of the last three years building an IP library of nine books since 2019. As my late mother used to say, I am working my dream on the side.

Anyway, the genres I distribute so far are Adult Thrillers and Space Operas (Sci-Fi Action Adventures). I'm not sure if anyone is interested, however, if you know people who are into escapist books and/or reading fiction that has a lot of subtle hints to today's world, please feel free to check the spoiler tags.

41Q+RO24ETL.jpg

Isiginali
Plot: A former South African soldier [turned freelance mercenary] is offered a curiously lucrative and dicey assignment to protect a person of interest for one night before the asset is arranged to be transferred to British Military intelligence.

Mimema
Plot: When an enigmatic journalist begins investigating a powerful corporation touting its latest biotechnology based on neural regeneration; her discoveries lead her down a maddening trail of isolation; where regrettably, once the mind is lost, your life is certain to follow.
NOTE: No cover reveal just yet as the book releases next week.

31zrCtaXIFL._SY346_.jpg

The Red Rover: Origins
Summary: In the distant future, seven teenage explorers, who have spent their entire lives in the blackness of space, embark on an epic journey of discovery and wonderment throughout our infinite universe, which will subsequently unlock the full potential of their minds, bodies and souls.

51pqoh4fNpL._SY346_.jpg

The Yellow Rover: Bad Moon Rising
Summary: With the first unexplored planet designated for discovery finally upon them, Delly Moore and crew of the Yellow Rover are unceremoniously shown that this new world is not one that great civilizations are built on, but rather the kind that can leave them in ruins.

41ugwmdY-IL.jpg

The Red Rover: Clash of the Celestials
Summary: With their resources falling to critical levels, the Red Rover is compelled to land on a mysterious new planet to replenish them; where much to their collective surprise, the inhabitants of this world readily welcome them with open arms.

51wdRzqh3PL.jpg

The Yellow Rover: Aviatrix
Summary: As the minutes dwindle, so do the hopes of extracting the survivors left behind enemy lines along with it. The remaining members in space must formulate a new strategy for terrestrial engagement from an alien moon base; where alas—an even more dangerous enemy arises that looks awfully familiar.

51E7bTbApfS.jpg

The Red Rover: Frequency of Distress
Summary: Still intent on locating any surviving members of their Rover community, Marius and the cadets are ambushed by a band of space mercenaries, who steal and plunder their ship while selling them into servitude to an advanced alien civilization that needs their labor to re-gain control of their fallen kingdom.

51w6b5CysbL.jpg

The Red Rover: Contingence
Summary: Marius and the cadets set a course toward an uncharted world in search of survivors having finally located the whereabouts of a second Rover within the Genara star system; soon discovering that the only comfortable aspect of this mission is the arrival itself.

41m6GAjw80S.jpg

The Red Rover: Fulmination
Summary: Upon reuniting with a notable survivor from the crashed Rover, the members of the Red Rover are immediately plunged back into the depths of what they were desperately hoping to avoid—another fragmented world on the precipice of Armageddon.

I will admit that I rarely self-promote, however, in the spirit of the season, I figured I'd put it out there and see if anyone might be interested. If it's not for you, perhaps you know someone else who likes these kinds of stories. The Red Rover books in particular are suitable for teens and up. The rest are for adults.

Note: If you're not currently living in an English speaking country, my ebooks do sell for less in other nations, so a VPN could save you in some cases up to 50%.

Anyway, I appreciate any of you who might take the time to look at this or share it. For my native New Yorkers and folks in the tri-state area, the next Sloane Swinton book should be right up your alley. Wall Street fukkery, the Middle East, our nation's capital and a contract killer desperately trying to figure out her next move.

Be well.

That's what's up. Is your shyt on Amazon?

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
any deals for audiobooks?

No audiobooks yet at this time, unfortunately. Quality narrators are really expensive through audible (as they should be) and neither author seems pressed to do it yet. It's on the agenda, along with graphic novels, but being an indie has me picking and choosing which battles to fight at the moment.

Mr. McDowell

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Just realized something and will edit my first post. If someone wanted to see all of the books we've published and read a sample without having to fork over any money, please take a look at this link from Google Books. The first eight books are available to be previewed up to 20%. Mimema which is ninth, drops next week.

inpublisher:"Darn Pretty Books" - Google Search

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I linked all the books in the spoilers to Amazon (ebook, paperback and hardcover). However, if you type in either author name, the books will come up as well.

Cool. I'm trying to see if I can get shyt shipped to Colombia I can support a breh and ensure I get stuff delievered to me.

Good Luck on the books