Sway In The Morning Jam Session (ft. Robert Glasper, Lupe Fiasco, Rapsody and More)

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bruh had the best verse, what makes it even more dope, you know all that except the "dumb it down" part is off the top
Which is why I can’t entertain nikkas that say he ain’t a top tier MC. His mic presence is underrated. He took over the whole session with his energy :damn:

Also wanna give some praise to Chris Rivers. That flooooooooooooow :banderas:

Undoubtedly the second coming of Pun :wow:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Only just caught this, shyt was crazy good yo watch. First time hearing Oswin and he killed it. Rivers and Lupe though :wow:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Man...
Lupe is a maafukkin ALIEN!!!!

Can you imagine being there & smoking a blunt & just watching & listening???

It would be so much fun

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
yall Kendrick plants are weird

anyway for whatever its worth Lupe worked with Robert Glasper before Kendrick even blew up, so hes probably good friends with the guy and knew him before kendrick did

this track came out in early 2012

You a damn lie!

Robert Glasper:

RG:
When it was time for me to do my Black Radio record [Glasper's Grammy-winning 2012 release which featured Lupe Fiasco, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), and Erykah Badu], I had already been collaborating with different MCs. I had peeped Kendrick Lamar's Section.80 -- one of my boys played it for me, and it was so musical and so jazzy. So when it was time for my Black Radio record, I wanted to get Kendrick on it. Terrace made that connection for me.

He'd been telling Kendrick about me, and Kendrick heard some stuff and he liked it. He did a verse for me, for Black Radio. But he didn't like it, so we couldn't use it. So I have this verse in my computer that's amazing, but it wasn't up to his standards -- where he wanted it to be.

He's a perfectionist. I had heard that already, that he was a super, duper, duper perfectionist. He was like "Yo, I want to redo my verse," but this was literally when good kid, m.A.A.d city had just come out, so he left on tour. The timing just didn't work in our favor -- I had to put the album out.

:umad:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Lu been on Robert Glasper tracks since 2011.

Prolly jammed with him before then.

RG: When it was time for me to do my Black Radio record [Glasper's Grammy-winning 2012 release which featured Lupe Fiasco, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), and Erykah Badu], I had already been collaborating with different MCs. I had peeped Kendrick Lamar's Section.80 -- one of my boys played it for me, and it was so musical and so jazzy. So when it was time for my Black Radio record, I wanted to get Kendrick on it. Terrace made that connection for me.

He'd been telling Kendrick about me, and Kendrick heard some stuff and he liked it. He did a verse for me, for Black Radio. But he didn't like it, so we couldn't use it. So I have this verse in my computer that's amazing, but it wasn't up to his standards -- where he wanted it to be.

He's a perfectionist. I had heard that already, that he was a super, duper, duper perfectionist. He was like "Yo, I want to redo my verse," but this was literally when good kid, m.A.A.d city had just come out, so he left on tour. The timing just didn't work in our favor -- I had to put the album out.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
RG: When it was time for me to do my Black Radio record [Glasper's Grammy-winning 2012 release which featured Lupe Fiasco, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), and Erykah Badu], I had already been collaborating with different MCs. I had peeped Kendrick Lamar's Section.80 -- one of my boys played it for me, and it was so musical and so jazzy. So when it was time for my Black Radio record, I wanted to get Kendrick on it. Terrace made that connection for me.

So basically K Dot heard Lupe’s verses on Black Radio and knew that shyt he wrote wasn’t good enough :wow:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
You a damn lie!

Robert Glasper:

RG:
When it was time for me to do my Black Radio record [Glasper's Grammy-winning 2012 release which featured Lupe Fiasco, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), and Erykah Badu], I had already been collaborating with different MCs. I had peeped Kendrick Lamar's Section.80 -- one of my boys played it for me, and it was so musical and so jazzy. So when it was time for my Black Radio record, I wanted to get Kendrick on it. Terrace made that connection for me.

:umad:
ok so they knew each other before he blew up:yeshrug:

But exactly how does this disprove our point of how Lu and Robert glasper knew each other before Kendrick got into the equation?

Plus this also is not telling about which came out first Always Shine or that kendrick track.

Infact judging by the article it seems Lus track came out first

Last edited: