T.I. - Paperwork [Album Stream]

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Yeah I agree with the majority of this thread. Tip is a fukking dope rapper but unfortunately he likes to put a lot of filler in his projects. This would actually be better if you removed four of the dud records on here but fukk it. The latter half of the album is definitely stronger than the former half. That About My Issue > At Ya Own Risk > On DOE on PHIL stretch is fukking flames.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Truth is T.I, among other greats from the early 2000's and late 90's, have faded into near oblivion has far as exciting, creative artists with interesting concepts and approaches to music….T.I was easily one of my favorites, after 'Trap Muzik', and 'U Don't Know Me' (Urban Legend was a trash album, with some standouts), he ascended the B list in 2006 with 'King', and after all the bullshyt, 'Paper Trail' was a dope album, and I liked that direction he went in….The ambiguity of his cooperation with feds aside, his music just hasn't really hit since to me, he's good for a few songs here and there, mostly because his 'insightful' tracks like 'Wonderful Life' are always well crafted and polished, 'Stay' on the album is no exception….but besides that, there isn't much to see here. T.I has been coasting for years, directionless and without the authenticity and grit of his earlier work, and without taking his music in a different direction, this will continue. This album is not much different then 'Magna Carta', a flash here and there, of the artist we formerly loved, but mostly an empty exercise in crisp production and well crafted songs.

That said, 'Let Your Heart Go', though slightly too pop tv anthem of the month, is dope as fukk, and I'd like to hear an album of this and 'Stay' from T.I….

Last edited:

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truth is T.I, among other greats from the early 2000's and late 90's, have faded into near oblivion has far as exciting, creative artists with interesting concepts and approaches to music….T.I was easily one of my favorites, after 'Trap Muzik', and 'U Don't Know Me' (Urban Legend was a trash album, with some standouts), he ascended the B list in 2006 with 'King', and after all the bullshyt, 'Paper Trail' was a dope album, and I liked that direction he went in….The ambiguity of his cooperation with feds aside, his music just hasn't really hit since to me, he's good for a few songs here and there, mostly because his 'insightful' tracks like 'Wonderful Life' are always well crafted and polished, 'Stay' on the album is no exception….but besides that, there isn't much to see here. T.I has been coasting for years, directionless and without the authenticity and grit of his earlier work, and without taking his music in a different direction, this will continue. This album is not much different then 'Magna Carta', a flash here and there, of the artist we formerly loved, but mostly an empty exercise in crisp production and well crafted songs.

That said, 'Let Your Heart Go', though slightly too pop tv anthem of the month, is dope as fukk, and I'd like to hear an album of this and 'Stay' from T.I….

I agree, especially with the highlighted

I dont like this album at all....

its crazy, one of the bonus tracks on the album is how his whole album should have sounded like...."I don't know"

dude was channeling Pimp C's energy on that one...it sounded like a Pimp C joint...

but yeah, T.I gotta get focused again

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thats an acceptable joint, I just don't want to listen to T.I talk about the trap and dope and gun records anymore, an album full of 'Stay' and 'Let Your Heart Go', with T.I reflecting on his past and dissecting his present is the right direction for an artist of his age, and time in the game.

Meta4tony

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tip really stepped it up on paper trail lyrically,
like even the rhiana and justin songs he was spittin on,
now he's just dumbing it down

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
It's not his best, but it's still pretty good. :ehh: Some of the beats are light in the ass. His pen game is still sharp though.