T.I. Paperwork Listening party

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
On Tuesday August, 12th at an Invite-Only event held at Simons Nightclub in Downtown Gainesville LouddMagazine in conjunction with Aviators Design Studio, and many more entities, had the pleasure and opportunity to get a sneak listen to T.I.’s new albumPaperwork: The Motion Picture.

Dubbed “The King of the South”, T.I. both entertained and enticed us with 8 exclusive tracks from his new album, and let us be the first to tell you this album will be worth the short wait as it is set to be released in mid-September. This marks the beginning of a new era for the Atlanta born rapper, who recently cut ties with Atlantic Records. This new album will be produced under Colombia Records with Pharrell signed on to be Executive Producer.

TI6.jpg

We had the chance to have a brief Q&A session with the rapper, and from the experience it’s clear to see that this man is nothing short of genuine a humble man with a heart for his family and the people who helped him to stardom, his fans. He spoke with us about what went into making this project, and how he created a timeless album that had a great amount of soul.

The headbanger track, ‘G-Sh**’, the title track ‘Paperwork’, and the smooth and gritty sounds of ‘About my Issues’ exemplify that this project is sure to be just what he set out for it to become, simply a classic. He also kept in line with what we have grown to love from him, which is hardcore, unrelenting, lyricism the track ‘King’ conveys that “The King” still wears that crown and it hasn’t faltered one bit.

images

Unquestionably the track ‘New National Anthem’ hits to the heart, it expresses the angst that we are facing right now with the social unrest going on around the nation. When questioned about what inspired this track he stated, “Certain things need to be said, and I’m the only one who will talk about it, so I did”. Unapologetically raw and politically charged, this song will get you into action.

The album also has a few featured artists from Young Jeezy, Nipsey Hustle, Chris Brown, and a local group from Atlanta called ‘Watch the Duck’ (check out their video below) T.I. did not leave us with any doubt that his ninth album will be true to “The King of the South”

He also got candid with the listeners and spoke about the artist’s he’d love to work with in the future like, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Sade and Prince to name a few. He also talked about his motivations for signing Iggy Azalea to his Grand Hustle label, and he says that no one else was going against the grain, that’s what he wanted to achieve by signing the Australian-born rapper.

tip-iggy-300x300.jpg

When asked what he would tell independent artist’s trying to build their brand and fan base, T.I. had some great advice,

“Count on hard work, that if you want the most, you must do the most. Networking is key! [...]Keep your head down and keep working, don’t focus on what everyone else around you is doing because if every 5 minutes you’re looking around to see what the other man is doing you’ll never make it anywhere. Give 100% of yourself to your passion and NOTHING less!”

Now that’s CertifiedLoudd!!

129161a.jpg

Look out for T.I.’s Paperwork: The Motion Picture coming to stores and will be available on I-tunes in mid-September!

Excited for the album, expecting another gold plaque

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
You dudes must be dumb if you think this album won't bump, y'all unwarranted hate is :gag:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I'll check this out out of respect of what TI has done in the past musically even though in 2014....I couldn't care less about him