T.I., Pusha T, Rick Ross, Jay Electronica & Guwop Trying To Get nikkas To Vote

FBGPlank

YRN = Young Rich nikkah
Daps
T.I., Pusha T, Rick Ross, Jay Electronica & Gucci Mane Will Rally Young Voters At 'Young Gets It Done' Pre-Election Show

pusha-t-psa-2016-billboard-1548.jpg

Courtesy Photo
Pusha T in a PSA Addressing Mass-Incarceration, Prop 64.

Hip-hop’s biggest stars have been using their platform to mobilize young voters in this year’s election. Now, T.I., Rick Ross, Pusha T, Jay Electronica and Gucci Mane are joining forces with the 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East Union to rally before election day.

With the event slated for Nov. 7, at the Florida Memorial University in Miami, Sybrina Fulton and Jahvaris Fulton -- the mother and brother of Trayvon Martin -- will join forces with the rappers for the “Young Gets It Done” event, to help drive the younger generation to cast their votes. The event will be hosted by New York radio icon Angie Martinez with special correspondent, Snapchat queen YesJulz.

"There has never been a more important time to activate young people to take action on behalf of the issues that will define their generation—equality, justice and democracy," 1199SEIU president George Gresham said in a statement. "These values have always been at the core of the work that we do and we are honored to be working with such incredible partners and talent to address voter turnout amongst the youth and people of color through innovative ways, get out the vote on November 8th, and continue our fight for fairness across the country."

READ MORE
Watch Pusha T & Senator Tim Kaine Discuss Police Reform, Systemic Racism & Education

Pusha T has spent the past few weeks rallying for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, hosting a contest with Clinton to encourage voter registration and interviewing vice president nominee Tim Kaine in Miami at the Florida Democrats Block Party. Tip has also been vocal about social issues with the release of his EP, Us or Else.

02-young-gets-it-done-billboard-embed.jpg

The "Young Gets It Done" event will feature guest appearances from Power star Rotimi, Empire star Bre-Z, DJ Stevie J and more.

Tickets for the free event are available at here.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are they asking for in return? If they're getting invited to the table to push pro-black legislation, i'm all for it. I hope they aren't coming out empty handed as far as that goes. Especially T.I. and Ross.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
What are they asking for in return? If they're getting invited to the table to push pro-black legislation, i'm all for it. I hope they aren't coming out empty handed as far as that goes. Especially T.I. and Ross.

Which pro-black legislations ?

And also it is very important to vote on the local ballots

xelp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They aint trying hard enough. :francis:

Now maybe if they put it in a rap. "shorty sucks hard like voting no on prop 64 (vote yes)" :gladbron: