T-Pain recorded a Jay-Z diss in responce of death of autotune

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
T-Pain Says He Recorded A JAY-Z Diss Song In Response To 'Death Of Auto-Tune'

"Jay-Z famously delivered a eulogy for Auto-Tune on his 2009 The Blueprint 3 track “D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune).” Although Hov claimed he wasn’t taking shots at any particular artist, the song was widely perceived to be a diss aimed at the audio processor’s most prominent adopter, T-Pain

During a recent appearance on REVOLT’s Drink Champs podcast, Teddy Pain revealed he wrote and recorded a JAY-Z diss track in response to “D.O.A.”

When asked by Drink Champs co-host N.O.R.E. if he picked up the pen to answer back, the Tallahassee native replied, “I did. It was going to be the intro to my next album.”

While he acknowledged that the idea of taking on Hov in a lyrical battle was “crazy,” dealing with a rude crowd, coupled with a night of heavy drinking, fueled T-Pain’s desire to clap back.

“I made the record after I did a show in Vegas and everybody in the crowd was like, ‘JAY-Z killed you, bro!'” he recalled at the 18:50-minute mark. “I was like, ‘All right, I’m never doing shows again!’ And it’s all, like, bros, it’s all white boys with their shirts off and shyt. ‘JAY-Z, it’s the Roc, bro. fukk you, bro!’

“I ended the show early and then I just tried to drink myself to death … I was just ready to go, man. I went in the studio and started recording the record.”

Obviously, T-Pain’s JAY-Z diss song has never been (and probably never will be) released — thanks to his management team stepping in.

T-Pain later recalled running into JAY-Z numerous times after “D.O.A.,” including the time he offered Hov an awkward apology at a Grammy Awards afterparty.

Apparently, Jay rubbed T-Pain on the head and told him, “It’s all good, bro.” ":troll::mjlol:

Should T-Pain have dropped the record?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
His story about dropping Hennessy on Beyoncé’s dress was hilarious too

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
“I did a show in Vegas and everybody in the crowd was like, ‘JAY-Z killed you, bro!'” he recalled at the 18:50-minute mark. “I was like, ‘All right, I’m never doing shows again!’ And it’s all, like, bros, it’s all white boys with their shirts off and shyt. ‘JAY-Z, it’s the Roc, bro. fukk you, bro!’

Sounds made up but :mjlol: if it's true.

Red Money

Pro
Daps
T-PAIN PERFORMS UNRELEASED JAY-Z 'DEATH OF AUTO-TUNE' RESPONSE AT WISCANSIN FEST

one of the highlights of the night came from the Nappy Boy boss himself, who performed his unreleased “Death of Auto-Tune” remix that he recorded years ago in response to JAY-Z’s famous 2009 critique of the voice-altering technology popularized by himself.

The long-dormant track features a slightly reworked version of Hov’s original beat — produced by No I.D. — and plenty of tough-talking from Teddy Pain.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I'm lost. He got heckled @ a show...had a drinking problem...and then apologized to hov.... what is he apologizing for? and Hell yea he shoulda clapped back

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Why is that weak nikka running around apologizing to Jay? :gucci:
Causing jay never dissed him bruh

He literally told rappers that they were “t paining to much” lol. People at the shows started dissing him cause he was acting weird as fukk afterwards

Like going on stage unannounced and wilding the fukk out, like the weekend the sound dropped he dissed jay z at a show and fab was there and talked about it on twitter lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I remember it was an awkward stage for him because he was simultaneously offended and supportive of what Jay was doing with the song lol.

The T-Pain wave was just one of those things that took over the industry when only 1 or 2 artists could actually adopt it well. Kanye had the vision and the credentials to pull it off. Lil Wayne had the immense popularity and Pain himself was the “father” of it all but when the entire industry co-opted it or got corny REAL quick.

T-Pain probably knew that Hov wasn’t dissing him specifically but by being such a prominent and respected figure calling the song DEATH of Autotune, Pain knew his own days were numbered as was salty about it