Talib Kweli – fukk The Money (Album Stream + Download)

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
dude's doing a free show out here in Frisco tomm,hopefully the weather's nice(hopefully a lil cooler)as it twas today..

good pre game for tomm dough..gonna be zoned like Rod Serling,good tunes,miracle melanin sun RA-ys,and entheogens got the scene sterling..:ahh:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He mentioned it on twitter last night.
I tried to download off of the website but it's been :camby:
status.
So I'm going to download off of this :myman: @IronFist

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Got it off the website yesterday, he always has a few heaters on his albums so tis should be dope.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Listening to Gratitude now..he's starting the Project off right..lets hope its like this through out

Why Mos can't get on these types of beats..shyt breaks my heart

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
Heres my review after 2 spins...

1. fukk the money - Wasn't expecting the album to start off with cassper nyovest rapping in that heavy accent and even in a different language (his verse was decent)The beat is average, hook is repetitive. Talib's verse and flow was on point. "We built the pyramids they built the pyramids schemes"

2. Gratitude - beat is smooth. Talib spit mad bars real fast. Im sure most of them went over my head but thats what rap genius is for right?

3. Leslie nope - the beat/hook is minimal. The verse was dope. "I never trust nikkaz with no books in the living room/when theres no electricity wtf is digital"

4. Nice things - sounds like apocalyptic trap, 2 chainz riot as far as the production/hook goes. kweli was lowkey going off on this.

5. Echos - if singles still mattered in the promotional rollout of an album, this would definitely work. light production with a miguel hook sounds like the most radio accessible track so far on the album.lyrically talib fits the track and it doesn't sound out of place.

6. Fall - the production is ghostly. Kweli said something about a kendrick verse, im not sure what that was about but im sure it will catch ears.another repetitive hook about falling back and borrowing the flow of method mans bring the pain hook (it works well tho. Im feelin it).styles p comes thru and kills his verse, "never met a judge that wasn't biased/look at the conviction rate/i got a color that the system hate".

7. He said she said - i like the concept of how these chatty patty blogs,social media take away from focusing on a "rappers" "talent". Well executed by mr kweli.

8. Butterfly - the unorthodox production and flow was cool ,and the hook is kinda cool. Overall a cool song.sounds very neo soul-ish to me.

9. Baby girl - the smooth vocals on the hook by kendra ross don't really balance well with kweli's flow on his verses.not that its a bad song but sounds kinda forced.

10. The Venetian - the production is very smooth. Niko delivers a decent verse followed by ab soul who also delivers lyrically. Kweli holds his own and spits maybe his best verse on the entire project.

11. Money good - decent way to end the album. Bars

6/10

Last edited: