Talib Kweli says the Black Star album has been done, but is being held back

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Filing this right next to Yasiin and Madlib's album made up entirely of Zamrock samples that I expect never to actually get to hear :mjcry:
Damn that's a thing?

I don't think I've said it on The Booth before, but Game and Just Blaze did an album of all horror movie samples that we'll never get to hear as well.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Damn that's a thing?

I don't think I've said it on The Booth before, but Game and Just Blaze did an album of all horror movie samples that we'll never get to hear as well.

It is

Madlib & Yasiin Bey Recording An Album Inspired By Zamrock

You’re making an album with Mos Def that’s inspired by Zambian rock from the 1970s. How did that come about?

We’ve been working on it for a long time. I’ve got a lot of unreleased tracks with him, and when he comes to L.A., we link up. I showed him all the Zambian stuff from the group Witch that [Now-Again Records' Eothen "Egon" Alapatt] released on Now-Again. Mos loved it. I have another album, too, full of all Indian Bollywood sampling stuff that I did with Mos. We’ll hopefully put out an album of that later.

They have a Bollywood album that we'll never hear as well, apparently. :francis:

Never heard about the Just and Game project.:leon: I wonder if Game namedrops horror movie antagonists all over it :ohhh:

5 Candyman shoutouts and Tony Todd appears in the booth and drops a fire 16 :mjlol:....:wow:

Last edited:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Filing this right next to Yasiin and Madlib's album made up entirely of Zamrock samples that I expect never to actually get to hear :mjcry:
Which is also next the other Black Thought albums we'll never get.

Streams of Thought, Vol. 1 carries that freestyle’s impressionistic spirit with that knowing audience in mind. Though this is Black Thought’s first solo project (previous would-be debuts Masterpiece Theatre and Danger Mouse collab Dangerous Thoughts were shelved), the EP avoids any Herculean this-is-my-time statements in favor of weaponizing the quiet self-assuredness he’s earned in his decades as the Roots’ vocalist. Co-headliner and producer 9th Wonder mainly strings together a collection of soul loops and falls back, allowing Black Thought to throw down technically wrought, hookless verses. Rigorous but rarely hermetic, the album is a small testament to his sustained excellence.

Black Thought : Streams of Thought, Vol. 1