Taraji P Henson literally crying broke. She made all those movies and don't got nothing to show for it.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Taraji sitting on something worth at least a few hundred thousand :mjpls:

dR812A0.gif

:ahh:

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Started with $10 mil
50% taxes = now down to $5m
30% to team = you still have $3.5 mil

:martin:

I understand being underpaid, but that's a FAR cry from broke.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Alluded to it in the other thread as well, but I don't think many Black/White/Asian/Latina actors/actresses who are in her tier are really in any different situation from her.

I was recently looking through some movies from the 2000's and some from the 2010's wondering where some actors/actresses went and many had to make the transition into TV. However some are in that tier and raked in about 5 times what she did so it really does make you wonder if these people are somewhat settling.

Then throw in high taxes and yeah, it's most likely stressful.

She gotta go the Gabrielle Union, Tracee Ellis Ross route and punch in multiple lanes. I think what helps the latter especially is her unique look. Things like that can be used to your advantage. That's one thing Viola Davis has going for her as well on top of her acting skills. That means they have the versatility to play multiple roles, but they can play one particular role (and close others) very well and a studio will pay big for that.

Only the very best of the best household names like Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, etc. are going to have opportunity after opportunity launched at them because people will go to watch their movies nearly every time so they can make a large demand. Somebody like Queen Latifah who's a household name will constantly get thrown the bag, especially for a role that fits them.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Actors don't really make money like that.
unless they get their own franchise or hit tv show like a mission impossible, or die hard, or iron man or friends type show.

The issue is it's almost impossible for a black actress to get her own franchise. i think Whoopi and Halle are still the most successful ones to this day.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
She didn't make anything from Person of Interest? Empire? No residuals? :wtf:

Taraji was on one of the GOAT TV shows (Person of Interest) for 3 seasons as the lead female on a network station and received no compensation from this? :rudy::duck::mjlol:

She got paid. She just didn't get that Julia Roberts type money she think she's supposed to be getting.

Last edited:

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People don't understand.
What you earn is one side of the equation. How much do you spend esp on a recurring basis.
If a man earns 20k year but somehow is happy spending 10k. He is better off than person earning 100k who spending $160k

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Nah. that would be more of the typical roles she has played. If she wants more dough she has to get better roles.

What Taraji needs to do is push for the Tammi Terrell movie to be made with her as the lead. Her life was a movie. You don't even need to add anything. She hasn't really done anything to take her to the next level. Where the Angela Bassetts and Viola Davis' are. I think she would be IDEAL to play Tammi Terrell. Sh!t they could pass for sisters.
037e324815d57bdb2020d22b3e7b738e.png
she's now old enough to play tammi's mom