Tarantino the gawd says 2 more films and he's done

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:wow:

Quentin Tarantino Confirms Retirement Rumors: Two More Films and Out

Speaking at the Adobe Max creativity conference in San Diego, the director said he's stopping at 10 features: "Drop the mic. Boom. Tell everybody, 'Match that shyt.'"

Quentin Tarantino has doubled-down on his pledge never to make another film past his tenth — meaning his next two films will be his last.

"Drop the mic. Boom. Tell everybody, 'Match that shyt,'" he said Thursday to much applause at Adobe Max, a creativity conference held by the software giant inside the San Diego Convention Center.

But before Tarantino gets to work on his next full-length scripted film — which he teased earlier this year as potentially being a "Bonnie and Clyde-esque" tale set in 1930s Australian — the 53-year-old director told the crowd inside Hall H that he is focused at the moment on a historical nonfiction project.

For four years, Tarantino has been been immersed in studying the year 1970, one he considers the most pivotal in the history of cinema. How the project eventually takes shape is not yet entirely clear. "It could be a book, a documentary, a five-part podcast," he says.

Ann Lewnes, CMO of Adobe, conducted Thursday's interview. She asked Tarantino, dressed in a blue denim shirt over a black T-shirt and jeans, how he personally defines success.

"Hopefully, the way I define success when I finish my career is that I'm considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived. And going further, a great artist, not just filmmaker," he said. The audience laughed and applauded.

Tarantino also shared some of the secrets of his creative process: Each new script involves a tour through his personal record collection, stored in a room designed to evoke a vintage record store.

"So much of [the movie's language] revolves around a sound or a song," he said. "Before I've started, I'm seriously thinking about the music. I'm listening to a track and picturing everyone at the Cannes Palais just loving it."

After back-to-back hits for his longtime studio home, The Weinstein Company — 2008's Inglourious Basterds ($120 million domestic gross) and 2012's Django Unchained ($163 million, a career high) — last year's Hateful Eight stumbled domestically.

The nearly three-hour whodunnit, set almost entirely inside an Old West general store, disappointed at the box office, bringing in just $54 million in the U.S. It fared much better overseas, adding $101 million to its global take.

Other keynote speakers at Adobe Max included fashion designer and Project Runway judge Zac Posen, who showed off the illuminated gown he designed for Claire Danes that caused a sensation at the Met Ball.

And war photographer Lynsey Addario delivered an emotional talk based on her memoir, It's What I Do: A Photographer's Life of Love and War. The book was the subject of a fierce Hollywood bidding war. Warner Bros. won the rights, with Jennifer Lawrence attached to star in a package that includes director Steven Spielberg.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not reading that but I do remember a comment he made in the 90s about never wanting to end up like one of those old directors making old man movies.

Personally I think this is splendid news, after the growth he showed with inglorious his last 2 movies have been artistic regressions

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hes been pretty flawless so far. Only bad flick wasnt really bad just weird. Death trap.

So resevoir
Pulp
Jackie brown
Kill bill 1
Kill bill 2
Death trap
Inglorious
Django
Hateful 8...

Is kill bill sposed to be 1 movie now cause i count 9 lol

naw death proof was fuking terrible

none of his other movies is even near the same level as that trash, every director gotta have a lemon, nobody is perfect

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The Kill Bill Trilogy must be complete:

"KILL BRIDE" (Kill Bill III)

Have Vivca (Black Mamba) Daughter come back with a vengence much older.

327afd44dc3ef3ef52bd999077bfb685

"When you get older, if you feel a certain way about this. I'll be waiting"

The movie writes itself. I understand QT's point though. Quality over Quanity is always the best way to go.