Tax vs assurance vs advisory

Daps
I got hired by one of those companies and i am 30. I also had a low GPA (3.6).

I have years leadership experience, sales experience, and I have never gone to school without at working fulltime.

I am a pretty strong person, and I am not really an introvert (i can be when i am ignorant of something).

sly if you have a 3.9, you're good to go. You HAVE to go to those recruiting events and you have to be as outgoing, good looking and talkative as possible!

and culture matters. see where you fit...

ey- young and fun. they play a lot of games with recruiting. my first interview, the email said "business causal attire". I didn't think that was possible. Then I thought it might be a trick to see who can follow directions. I just came in a full suit anyways, and everyone who showed up in business casual didn't make the cut... my interviewer was a tough-as-nails but smoking hot latina woman! I used every tool in the book to make her feel good about me.

deliote-- i didn't like the feel that I got from their recruiting events. stuck-up country club people. fake, ritzy, blah.

KPMG--conservitive. No frills or bright colors at their events or recruiting booths. No bs with these guys. lowest tier and barely big 4, so nobody wants work for them. Partners were direct and said frankly, "public accounting is not a 9-5 job"

P-dubs--cool, down to earth people. probably the most balanced personalities. great people. they are the top company so competition is really fierce.

other companies..

BDO-- great people, just like PWC.
McGladrey--eh...
Grant thornton--eh...

Get a feel for where you want to work.

At the offer party for one of the above companies, i must admit that I felt pretty old.
But one senior (four years) was 36. and one assiociate (one 1) was clearly in her mid 30's.

so... It is what it is.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I got hired by one of those companies and i am 30. I also had a low GPA (3.6).

I have years leadership experience, sales experience, and I have never gone to school without at working fulltime.

I am a pretty strong person, and I am not really an introvert (i can be when i am ignorant of something).

sly if you have a 3.9, you're good to go. You HAVE to go to those recruiting events and you have to be as outgoing, good looking and talkative as possible!

and culture matters. see where you fit...

ey- young and fun. they play a lot of games with recruiting. my first interview, the email said "business causal attire". I didn't think that was possible. Then I thought it might be a trick to see who can follow directions. I just came in a full suit anyways, and everyone who showed up in business casual didn't make the cut... my interviewer was a tough-as-nails but smoking hot latina woman! I used every tool in the book to make her feel good about me.

deliote-- i didn't like the feel that I got from their recruiting events. stuck-up country club people. fake, ritzy, blah.

KPMG--conservitive. No frills or bright colors at their events or recruiting booths. No bs with these guys. lowest tier and barely big 4, so nobody wants work for them. Partners were direct and said frankly, "public accounting is not a 9-5 job"

P-dubs--cool, down to earth people. probably the most balanced personalities. great people. they are the top company so competition is really fierce.

other companies..

BDO-- great people, just like PWC.
McGladrey--eh...
Grant thornton--eh...

Get a feel for where you want to work.

At the offer party for one of the above companies, i must admit that I felt pretty old.
But one senior (four years) was 36. and one assiociate (one 1) was clearly in her mid 30's.

so... It is what it is.

Your the best my friend! If i get my cpa should i get my masters or hold off on that? and if i go for masters should i do it in accoounting or maybe diversify and get a finance concentration?